2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, we've had countless players regularly failing to beat the first man so it's not that much of a surprise.

On another note, I've been pleasantly suprised by his progression over recent weeks and months. I hope he can push on rather than being the best of a bad bunch.
Failing to beat the first man isn't kicking the ball straight out - Three times in the past 3 games. All from that side.

Like you, I'm pleased with his progress but he should be taken off corners down our right. Pathetic.

Gordon was getting the better of Digne with ease time and time again yesterday. Best player on the park for us despite only playing 40 minutes. Re not starting, it could be the case that it was down to fitness. I won't be judging that decision until the manager has had more games.

Not sure that will be the case in 2 weeks time.

That switch he did from the right to the left was sublime completely took out the villa defence

Was like prime Gerrard in his day

One of the few players we have with actual technical ability with the ball

Imagine having a centre mid in the team who was at that top level and an all rounder.

Just that one player would make so much difference to this team.

I can’t really understand any evertonian having anything other than serious praise for Gordon. I appreciate our standards are a bit lower but he stands out like a real player every time I’ve seen him on the tv and live once at palace. Support the boy, wrap her arms round him and tell him you love him “he’s proper if of your own isn’t he?” Imagine what big majority of fan support would do for his confidence. He plays his heart out and desperately wants to please the Everton fans. There arengg TV many young players around as good as he is. He’s not the finished article by a long way but he’s got that something about him

Status
Not open for further replies.