2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he didn't offer much today but also a young lad who will get other opportunities later. Has some good turns and pace but couldn't get on the ball that often.

Just admit that he’s not ready. It’s absolutely mental the lengths people will go to to pretend they were right instead of just saying actually maybe he needs a bit more time. There’s no shame in him not being ready yet, but he clearly isn’t. He’s yet to make a significant impact in any PL game, it’s fine to say ‘he couldn’t do any worse’ when we’re struggling, but seeing as we’re second in the league it’s just crazy that people are still bent out of shape about him not playing.

I don’t get some people,,, u want him to dribble past 5 players and score top corner from outside the box as soon as he starts... he’s got to find his feet,,, he’s probably worried of making a mistake and ruining his chance... it’s the same when good players get a call up for England,,, frightened as fk to make a mistake... u need ten fifteen games to adjust feel right then kick on

Didnt say hes been fantastic did I?

But hes played vastly better than Gordon did tonight, in the majority of games.
Lol. When's your next stand up night?
The lads a dog turd of a player and he has the cheek to say he'll give us one more season, even though he's played like w#£k for months now? Get him out the effin club, we don't need prima donnas who think they're bigger than the club whilst playing mediocre at best.

Just admit that he’s not ready. It’s absolutely mental the lengths people will go to to pretend they were right instead of just saying actually maybe he needs a bit more time. There’s no shame in him not being ready yet, but he clearly isn’t. He’s yet to make a significant impact in any PL game, it’s fine to say ‘he couldn’t do any worse’ when we’re struggling, but seeing as we’re second in the league it’s just crazy that people are still bent out of shape about him not playing.

Yes.

You can see a lot in this thread. He was either awful or great. I thought he was tidy today, needs to be more confident with the ball, won a couple of good headers.

I noted Davies performance though. Probably his best in an Everton shirt. You can see the technical and tactical work that's being done with him. Would that have occurred with him stinking the gaff out every week, as he lost confidence?

Hard though it is, I do think we have to trust Ancelotti in what hes doing. The average age of that starting 11 tonight was under 25. If you're good enough you get a game, but we cant have passengers.

I really like Gordon, he does some things well, but hes not someone who should be commanding a place in the starting 11 of a top 6 side currently. Let's hope he gets to that point.

Yes.

You can see a lot in this thread. He was either awful or great. I thought he was tidy today, needs to be more confident with the ball, won a couple of good headers.

I noted Davies performance though. Probably his best in an Everton shirt. You can see the technical and tactical work that's being done with him. Would that have occurred with him stinking the gaff out every week, as he lost confidence?

Hard though it is, I do think we have to trust Ancelotti in what hes doing. The average age of that starting 11 tonight was under 25. If you're good enough you get a game, but we cant have passengers.

I really like Gordon, he does some things well, but hes not someone who should be commanding a place in the starting 11 of a top 6 side currently. Let's hope he gets to that point.
You can see that he’s a good footballer. One of the things I really don’t like about the criticism unsworth gets is it’s very clear that all the recent young players to come into the side are really well coached. They know how to play the game, they work hard, they can cover different positions etc. The issue is that none of them have so far shown that they’ve got the natural ability to be any more than a decent squad player. At the moment, the same applies to Gordon. He’s got plenty of time to show more, but right at this moment he just doesn’t look to have enough to his game to cause teams problems at this level. He’s neat and tidy and you wouldn’t cringe seeing his name on the team sheet, but I think it’s pretty easy to see why he doesn’t get picked more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.