Another creative midfielder...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenada_blue

Welcome to Barcelonaton FC
If we don't sign anyone like that by midnight tonight is it back to square one? Mid-table mediocrity? Or does anyone think Moyes knows what he's doing?

Thoughts?

If we don't sign anyone like that by midnight tonight is it back to square one? Mid-table mediocrity? Or does anyone think Moyes knows what he's doing?

Thoughts?

if we just get a defensive mid we will have teh same midfield as last time, which im happy with, except Cahill wont be injured half the season - hopefully. Even though Castillo is a DM, i doubt hes good enough to start...We need a defensive mid!!!!

Cahill isn't good enough to play in a four man midfield, I really hope we don't have to rely on him in that position. In the second striker role he's top man.

Hopefully we can get this Guzman.

So far all I'm reading is a number of DM players and another striker. Castillo is a done deal, we've got Rodwell and Neville (not the best choices but Neville can hold his own in there at times as proven last season with Carsley).

With Pienaar injured we've no left midfielder. If Osman is injured with no other creative outlet apart from Arteta.

We shouldnt have to rely on him all the time.

Just hope to christ this Moutinho things sorted because we need a player like him. But non of the rumours seem to mention we're looking for anyone similar to him.

Lets see

So far all I'm reading is a number of DM players and another striker. Castillo is a done deal, we've got Rodwell and Neville (not the best choices but Neville can hold his own in there at times as proven last season with Carsley).

With Pienaar injured we've no left midfielder. If Osman is injured with no other creative outlet apart from Arteta.

We shouldnt have to rely on him all the time.

Just hope to christ this Moutinho things sorted because we need a player like him. But non of the rumours seem to mention we're looking for anyone similar to him.

Lets see

It doesn't even have to be Moutinho, just someone who is creative and can play centrally. You can get alot of cheaper players who could do a job.

At the moment we only really have Osman who is a creative centre midfield, Arteta is a right sided midfielder, Obinna will probably play on the flanks and Pienaar plays on the left.

If we don't get anyone in we'll have to depend on Van der Meyde and that's not something I'd like to do. Also, I don't see Cahill as a centre midfielder anymore, for me he's a second striker.

We need two midfielders before the deadline.

We need at least 2 midfielders today, more if Osman is out for any length of time, I'd say we could still do with another 5 players, but knowing our luck we won't get one.

for a team that plays 4-5-1 we are linked with alot of strikers..if we have saha and oginna...why would moyes go for owen an smith...this is crazy.....WE NEED A DM...NOW

It doesn't even have to be Moutinho, just someone who is creative and can play centrally. You can get alot of cheaper players who could do a job.

At the moment we only really have Osman who is a creative centre midfield, Arteta is a right sided midfielder, Obinna will probably play on the flanks and Pienaar plays on the left.

If we don't get anyone in we'll have to depend on Van der Meyde and that's not something I'd like to do. Also, I don't see Cahill as a centre midfielder anymore, for me he's a second striker.

We need two midfielders before the deadline.
Agree with that. Given up on Moutinho a couple of days ago. We need at least two quality central midfielders and I would be over the moon, with Marouane Fellaini an Jonathan de Guzman. Think in the long run de Guzman would be as good an option as Moutinho. If we fail to sign those two quality midfielders however, I strongly believe we'll struggle to make the top half of the table.

I say convert Yak into a centre midfielder, it really is the only way. He played there against Portsmouth:

Arteta-----Yakubu-----Castillo-----Osman

lol

Dont worry, over the next 8 hours and 25 minutes, Everton according to rumours will sell Arteta to Arsenal, Anichebe to Preston on Loan, and buy Owen, Moutinho, Saviola and Smith :oops:

The whole summer should have been about midfield midfield and midfield. moyes should have has his top targets and at least options b and c if either fell through.

to go over 3 months and not add to where we really were desperate is just piss poor by all involved at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.