Anichebe

Status
Not open for further replies.
a loan would be fantastic, but its going to be a long time till we have a big enough squad to allow that to happen

i dont really want to sell him, i was just ranting. out of curiosity how much do you reckon he's worth?

Not that much, 2m maybe, the only replacement we could afford with that kind of money is the likes of Nugget at Pompey and i'd rather have Big Vic. Unless Moyes finds a bargain in the foreign market or the lower leagues anyways

Won't make it, doesn't have the right attributes to become anywhere near a regular player for us.

He's just a typical yard dog who makes an impact from time to time.

I've been quite pleased with Vic this season, his attitude is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Couple of seasons ago he'd just start crying if things didn't go his way. I can remember seeing him actually not trying at all for about 20 minutes because he hadn't got a penalty decision. He's much more mature now, he's got a lot more team spirit.

I think he's still got enough in his locker to be a good player. I said on another thread I can see him as a wing forward. He's one of the few players we've got that can beat a man and I think he'd score a lot more goals if he wasn't a target man. He's worth having I reckon, he's not one of those [Poor language removed] youngsters who are clearly never gonna do anything. There's a chance he could develop into something good, he's still young.

how do u rate him compared to vaughan? obviously not in vaughan's present condition!
Why compare Vaughan to Victor, they are two very different players. They've come through the reserves at the same time, but that's the only coincidence.

On the issue of Vic. Every time he's been found wanting he has stepped up. Remember last year when he had the first touch of a graceful elephant? Remember when his decision making caused people to wonder if he knew the difference between night and day?

Each season he improves. He may turn out to be a Drogba / Yak as a bustiling goal scoring forward, or as a battering ram in the Heskey / Campbell role, creating the chances / space for Vaughan et al to bang them in.

I just wonder why, at the first sign of a mistake, some fans think we should simply get rid?

Why compare Vaughan to Victor, they are two very different players. They've come through the reserves at the same time, but that's the only coincidence.

On the issue of Vic. Every time he's been found wanting he has stepped up. Remember last year when he had the first touch of a graceful elephant? Remember when his decision making caused people to wonder if he knew the difference between night and day?

Each season he improves. He may turn out to be a Drogba / Yak as a bustiling goal scoring forward, or as a battering ram in the Heskey / Campbell role, creating the chances / space for Vaughan et al to bang them in.

I just wonder why, at the first sign of a mistake, some fans think we should simply get rid?

Because he's not a Wayne Rooney, he's the one everyone seems to compare our young players to. Sad but so very true. People need to realise that Rooney was different class, we'll probably never bring a player like him through again.

You make alot of good points. Another thing I'd say if he was about to be let go by the acadamy in his last season. He just wasn't impressing and in 6 months he turned that all around. He turned it on and ended up scoring last game of the season for the first team. He's developed alot since then, it's amazing really.

He has the ability to be a good centre forward in my opinion, a capable Premier League centre forward. It's just about his mentality, does he has the mentality to keep on improving and do it consistently. We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.