Andy Van der Meyde??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appiah has been treated like [Poor language removed], and has every right to sue his team or the medical advice and treatment that was given to him.

he wants to leave now. If we could get him next year on a loan (with an agreed fee) it would be worth it (not sure about the buy as obviously no-one knows if he will recover from this condition sufficiently) as he's one of the best players in the world bar none.

Whereas Andy is one of the best players in the world at the bar.

I don't think this club is a soft touch anymore though. What can you do if you can't sell him - pay his wages off? Even more of a soft touch that. Most clubs end up with someone on their books not playing draining huge wages.

look at west ham.

Bellamy, Dyer (did they expect anything else?), Ashton etc.

Leon, get on the phone and organise an end of season swap, tell the Dutchman that the weather is nice in Turkey, could help swing it.

Just tell him that the opening hours are longer over there and the booze is cheap..then watch him fly down the wing

Seriously though, I've posted two links highlighting current employment law, both of which seem to suggest that we could sack him and pay a weeks wages for each year of his employment as redundancy.

Does the law not apply to footballers?

Seriously though, I've posted two links highlighting current employment law, both of which seem to suggest that we could sack him and pay a weeks wages for each year of his employment as redundancy.

Wow, hadn't noticed them Bruce, tried posting the references I love to see them, could get something going because he is a money sewer, nothing more nothing less

That drunken bum should thank his lucky stars that this club is such a soft touch, have a look at what has happened to Steven Appiah in Turkey,http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3090960,00.html they would have crucified VDM a long time ago.

Sack him, I couldn't give a [Poor language removed] if it leaves us short because of the players left they will all want to play for EFC

Lets get him to Goodion and have a rolling contract, our medical boys will sort him out. If they freeze his contract surely he then becomes free to move clubs? Cant have it both ways.

Lets get him to Goodion and have a rolling contract, our medical boys will sort him out. If they freeze his contract surely he then becomes free to move clubs? Cant have it both ways.

Do you recall the crap that Kevin Campbell had to put up with in Turkey, racist wasn't in it, the chairman of Tranzpondsor called him a monkey, some bloody nation that, who would even want to go there.(n)(n)(n)

Do you recall the crap that Kevin Campbell had to put up with in Turkey, racist wasn't in it, the chairman of Tranzpondsor called him a monkey, some bloody nation that, who would even want to go there.(n)(n)(n)

Did he not call him a cannibal monkey or something?!

I think Appiah is a wonderful player and i hope he gets back to his best.

Yes, it was simply disgusting. It seems to me that the lads career may be in ruins which is criminal, we could try picking up the bits but at what cost:eek: It is a modern day sporting tragedy mate(n)

They called him a dis-coloured cannibal, what the hell is that all about.

horrid nation that is. play their, why would anyone want to holiday their.

Two weeks in karbul sounds more fun!!

Well I would give VDM a go myself, he cant be much worse than some of our midfield performances of late. Everyone is so pissed off with him for not playing but your also all saying he should never play for us again.

He doesnt fit in with Moyes ethic of work your ass off and fair enough he wont get picked because of that, but to slate him so much just cos he cant make the team is unfair. He isnt the player he used to be, but then he doesnt play football much anymore so he cant be.

I'm as gutted with VDM not working out as all of you, but some of your comments about him go way too far. He's lost his ability, it happens, its not as if he's put the Everton shirt on a pole and burnt it.

Im no expert bruce but,

Redundancy is only possible if the particular job has/is about to cease (okay, resident piss up artist on the dock has a limited lifespan) and there is no other suitable position available.

If someone gets sacked they do not get redundancy payments

cant see why he hasnt been sacked though through gross misconduct

Lads hes been out on the piss when he shouldn't have been, told the press that Moyes told 'downright lies' and failed to turn up to training.

I for one would be surprised if he ever gets a run in our team again. Shame, because he is a good player (for half an hour before fitness kicks in).

Status
Not open for further replies.