2023/24 Andre Gomes

I just can’t see a scenario where I’d trust him to be on the pitch. I’d rather give Dele a chance if we had an injury crisis. We can play him without a transfer fee for another 6 games, so options in the middle are Garner, Onana, Gana, Doucoure, Dele. If we had an injury crisis I’d rather play Beto just behind Calvert-Lewin.
Gomes has let us down horrendously. When he has a bad day it is off the scale bad.

He played a fair amount at Lille, and they wanted him back. They’re probably better than us, so why is he frozen out so much here?
Lille wanted him back so badly that they are happy for him to coutt his money at Finch Farm for another year.
I'm not aware that any offer came in for him.

He played a fair amount at Lille, and they wanted him back. They’re probably better than us, so why is he frozen out so much here?
What I find the most bizarre aspect of all this, is how many Evertonians would rather Gomes continued to fail to fuel their own egos than give him a chance.

Yes, it's more likely that he won't come good again, but we won't know if we don't try. Let him get fit, put him on the bench and see what happens from there.

We're paying him anyway, so what is there to lose? He might still serve a role, even a minor one, if given the opportunity.

What I find the most bizarre aspect of all this, is how many Evertonians would rather Gomes continued to fail to fuel their own egos than give him a chance.

Yes, it's more likely that he won't come good again, but we won't know if we don't try. Let him get fit, put him on the bench and see what happens from there.

We're paying him anyway, so what is there to lose? He might still serve a role, even a minor one, if given the opportunity.
Games, points, survival, Premier league status, money.

The pace of the game is much too quick for him here. But the season before last he had quite a few effective games coming off the bench in the second half when the opposition was tiring and couldn't close him down so quickly. He is one of the very few midfielders we have on our books who can pick a forward pass in the final third. Whilst he's an expensive bench player, if he's still here I would rather see him on there than a third keeper.

Linked to Trabzonspor and Fenerbahçe so pray we get him partly off the wage bill
If we have to pay a single penny of his wages, he stayed here as another option from the bench that's not a goalkeeper. I just don't see any turkish team willing to pay his wages in full and perhaps not even half of it.