2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like a big season, undoubted ability but flattered to deceive so far. Think he could be well suited to a midfield 3 and we’ve just bought two players whose skill set should compliment his. Like others can he stay fit and play consistently for majority of the season, fingers crossed for him.

I hope everyone else is right about Gomes. Playing with better midfielders makes him flourish apparently. Even though we signed him from Barca
To be fair to him, he had mitigating circumstance there and it's a very high pressure club, some find it a bit much, he was open and honest about it, he deserves a chance to be fully fit before writing him off.

If he gets the chance, he has to show from the off, same as everyone else this season.
No more excuses, he’s either the player Barca thought they’d purchased or he’s the player they binned off to us.
Time for the real Gomes to stand up or be counted among the other dead men.

Think we'll see the best of Gomes this season with Allan, like when he played along side Gueye, last season was a right off for him playing with Davies or Siggudson plus having his ankle snapped by Son didn't help matters

I'd like to see him playing in a more advanced role, providing more assists and having more attempts at goal. He has shown he has a decent strike on him, when he fancies it. In Allen and doucoure, he has two pitbulls sitting behind him which should allow his attacking qualities to flourish. It's definitely a big season for him and I think he's up to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.