2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on then here is what must be the worst pass map by a central midfielder in any league in the world this season. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Gylfi Sigurdsson. Pretty sure Gomes will have injured his back carrying him all game....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200707-010117.png
    Screenshot_20200707-010117.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 129
Go on then here is what must be the worst pass map by a central midfielder in any league in the world this season. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Gylfi Sigurdsson. Pretty sure Gomes will have injured his back carrying him all game....
We’re Evertonians.
We all disagree on things, we all disagree on players, but as Alan Ball once said “You can’t fool Evertonians”

We know utter [Poor language removed] when we see it, and we know when someone’s not even getting a sweat on playing in our centre midfield.
The map of Siggurdsons performance isn’t needed, we could all see it with our own eyes.

He’s played 41 games for us now and honestly I’d say there've been half a dozen where he’s looked the business, half a dozen shockers, and the rest have ranged from pretty good down to pretty poor. It’s not about writing him off it’s about being honest about what we’re seeing. According to many on here We’ve got a world class director of football, a world class manager, and a team full of really good players who are just young/getting used to the league/coming back from injury/not being used correctly/not appreciated enough/not got the right team mates to get the best out of them. And yet here we are in the bottom half of the table with 5 games left.
This is my problem with him. Yes he's had some where he was awesome. But the number of complete shockers is at a minimum the same and his normal level is not nearly high enough for that to be acceptable. I figured we'd be alright with him for half the season next year while we wait for Gbamin to hopefully get fit and firing, but at this rate I'm not sure it won't be a new signing and Delph or Davies.

He looked boss when he came on against Arsenal prior to lockdown and that was his first appearance since the injury, since then it’s been downhill.

You could have semi-pro player in his position who was 5 stone overweight but passes forward well and he would be a better option.

Hes at Nyarko level of effort.

Bad injury, nice bloke, looks good...nah not for me.

Throw a monster dirty evil player in there who can pass to a team mate and id be happy.

Ffs turning on Gomes I hate you all.

We know this guy has quality, we know he had a horrific injury that he did wonders to return from so quickly, we know we have no other real option but to play him every game in this gruelling schedule.

We all also knew his limitations and why he needs pairing with a more defensive player with legs in the middle of the park but yeh turn on him for playing with Davies and declining Sigurdsson.

I hate you

We know this guy has quality, we know he had a horrific injury that he did wonders to return from so quickly, we know we have no other real option but to play him every game in this gruelling schedule.

We all also knew his limitations and why he needs pairing with a more defensive player with legs in the middle of the park but yeh turn on him for playing with Davies and declining Sigurdsson.

I hate you

He seemed to be very happy in Valencia...i wish him well :)

I hate you
He’s never been consistent in all his time here. As good as he has been, he’s equally been horrific.

He isn’t nowhere near good enough.

:Blink: Wow that's horrid... pretty damning evidence that he is not good enough to be playing for us

Status
Not open for further replies.