2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the above. I was raving about him when we first got him but his performances are so inconsistent. World beater to the worst player on the park. it's 50/50 whether or not he plays well and if he doesnt hes a 4/10.He's the best or worst player on the park.

Yes, every team gets injuries in training.
Yes but I think we get too many mate. I mean Gbamin, injured kicking a ball, Gomes pops his rib in a game and it shows up in training. For me our training is either too intense or doesn't prepare us for away games probably both.

Yes but I think we get too many mate. I mean Gbamin, injured kicking a ball, Gomes pops his rib in a game and it shows up in training. For me our training is either too intense or doesn't prepare us for away games probably both.
So what are you saying, stop players kicking a ball in training? Novel idea.

Probably not a bad idea tbh lol

In all seriousness you see the training videos and they are exactly the same. One touch/two touch drills in small spaces and it looks like they are playing really quick football. In reality we simply don't ever play togger like that. The other drill we constantly see is the ball getting crossed in and the striker sweeping it in first time. Again, we very rarely score goals like that ( though I know we did score one with a header last week)

I just find it bizarre that nearly every training video released it looks like we are working on drills that we don't actually then do on the pitch lol

Probably not a bad idea tbh lol

In all seriousness you see the training videos and they are exactly the same. One touch/two touch drills in small spaces and it looks like they are playing really quick football. In reality we simply don't ever play togger like that. The other drill we constantly see is the ball getting crossed in and the striker sweeping it in first time. Again, we very rarely score goals like that ( though I know we did score one with a header last week)

I just find it bizarre that nearly every training video released it looks like we are working on drills that we don't actually then do on the pitch lol

It's weird isn't it that we do no specific training and equally weird that the club release absolutely everything the players do in training every day.

Oh wait...

It's weird isn't it that we do no specific training and equally weird that the club release absolutely everything the players do in training every day.

Oh wait...

I used to teach 5 year old kids to trap the ball, take a touch and then pass the ball back to the player on the opposite side.

I honestly think Everton coaching staff need to do that drill with some of the players.

The one touch drills do my absolute nut in, very rarely (if ever) are we in any kind of situation where 4/5 players are gonna do a one touch pass which leads to a goal.

We done a boss one touch move (between 3 players where Morgan laid it off to Walcott to score against Southampton) and thta was probably as good as it got lol

I think you've hit on something there. Deny players the chance to go near a ball in training and they'll be desperate for possession once they get on the park.

It's not all booing and swapping off-colour jokes on here y'know.

Useless in games that are end to end that's why he seems inconsistent.
He can go 2 or 3 games playing high tempo but the has to be rested.

Like I said before some of these players have no hunger, they get kicked out of teams like Barca and settle down here to pick up the paycheck.

Useless in games that are end to end that's why he seems inconsistent.
He can go 2 or 3 games playing high tempo but the has to be rested.

Like I said before some of these players have no hunger, they get kicked out of teams like Barca and settle down here to pick up the paycheck.
As if anyone on here listens to you. Your negativity would sap the life out of a lottery winners celebration party.

Status
Not open for further replies.