2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasted in that position today.

Soon as Delph is fit boot Siggurdsson to the bench and go:

Gbamin Delph

Gomes

4-3-3 with Gomes further forward getting balls into the feet of the front 3.

What you are proposing here was the logic behind why we pushed for Doucoure so much in the summer. Gbamin and Doucoure, with Gomes playing just in front, in a 4-3-3.

What you are proposing here was the logic behind why we pushed for Doucoure so much in the summer. Gbamin and Doucoure, with Gomes playing just in front, in a 4-3-3.

Certainly seems to be. I think one of the priorities for next summer will be the centre midfield box to box player -- similar to Doucoure but probably not him. Wouldnt be surprised to see us after another 'Richarlison/Kean' type of young player with great potential linked next summer in that position.

You come out with some utter sh!te sometimes.

Why do you think we tried for Doucoure?

Surely must be to go 433 with him, Gbamin and Gomes?

Sigurdsson wasnt signed by Silva so perhaps hes not seeing him as a permanent fixture in the team + if he stays long term then it gives us options to switch/tinker formations.

I am interested to see if we move for that brazilian Reinier who plays in Sigurdssons position and/or a true box to box monster who can play CM + DM.

AM -- Sigurdsson / Reinier
CM -- Gomes /Doucoure type
DM -- Gbamin / Doucoure type

Utility - Delph / Davies

Potentially looking like a complete midfield with two new additions.

I wonder if the strategy with Gomes is to give him more of a free role in a 433 if we can bring in another CM/DM.

Really coming round to Gomes being freed of defensive responsibilities. Good problems to solve.

Image may contain: one or more people, beard and closeup

Image may contain: one or more people, beard and closeup

Look at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.