2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
SILVA: AN IMPORTANT SIGNING

“Andre was a really important player for us last season and I think we were really able to help him, too,” said Marco Silva.

“It was a good decision to bring Andre to the club and we made it one of our priorities to get him back.

“What Andre learned about the club, our fans and our vision convinced him that this is where he wants to play his football and I know he shares the big ambitions that we have going forward.”

His Interview

Andre Gomes has signed for Everton from Barcelona in a £22million deal, with the midfielder agreeing a five-year contract until the end of June 2024.

The 25-year-old Portugal international has committed his future to the Blues following an impressive loan spell at Goodison last season.

“I'm really happy to sign the contract with Everton – it wasn’t hard to decide, it was an easy decision and I’m very happy to have made it,” Gomes told evertontv.

“I know the Club made a massive effort to sign me and I'm very happy and thankful to them. I said during the year that I felt part of a family and that is the most important thing to me.

“Last year was a really good experience for me. I just wanted to feel part of something special and I found it here. It was good for me in that moment and right now, after signing for Everton, it's even better.

“I think the ambition here is not only for me, I think it's for all the players, the fans and the Club. We are all excited for that.”

GOMES REACTION...

“I'm really happy to sign the contract with Everton – it wasn’t hard to decide, it was an easy decision and I’m very happy to have made it,” Gomes told evertontv.

“I know the club made a massive effort to sign me and I'm very happy and thankful to them. I said during the year that I felt part of a family and that is the most important thing to me.

“I always got massive support since day one. I'm really, really happy to have this badge on me right now and I want to give all the fans my best because I think they deserve the best of each player. I'm happy to be here and I want to improve to give them joy.”

Status
Not open for further replies.