2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly he doesn’t win the ball too often.
Secondly he doesn’t tackle well, going near someone trying to force them off the ball is not what I call a tackle. More like body checking shoulder barging. Which is why @CRIMHEAD said it’s annoying as he commit lots of foul without winning the ball.
I disagree, he won the ball plenty today and legitimately, he uses his balance and body strength to win possession for everton, sorry if than annoys you because he isn't gana

I disagree, he won the ball plenty today and legitimately, he uses his balance and body strength to win possession for everton, sorry if than annoys you because he isn't gana

His average tackle per game is only 1.5 mate. He has quality on the ball but to say his tackling is great is not convincing.

his tackling is fine, he fulfills his role in that regard and has more than shown he has the physicality for the prem

He is good in possession which is why he is useful for us. We have no other midfield who can pass like him. His tackle is and ball winning ability is his weakness which is quite obvious. Same could be said about Gana in the opposite way.

Some interesting stats which may surprise you.

Number of fouls:
Gana 44
Gomes 44
Both with the most fouls in the team.

Number of tackles:
Gana 117
Digne 56
Siggy 46
Richarlison 44
Bernard 38
Coleman 38
Gomes 35

He is good in possession which is why he is useful for us. We have no other midfield who can pass like him. His tackle is and ball winning ability is his weakness which is quite obvious. Same could be said about Gana in the opposite way.

Some interesting stats which may surprise you.

Number of fouls:
Gana 44
Gomes 44
Both with the most fouls in the team.

Number of tackles:
Gana 117
Digne 56
Siggy 46
Richarlison 44
Bernard 38
Coleman 38
Gomes 35
they neither surprise nor interest me I'm afraid, this isn't baseball and Gomes has shown the physicality for this league, he has positional intelligence and wins and distributes. It will take another pre season for him to be at full flow and to chide him after a full package display like todays is just a bit odd, the quote was 'he still annoys me' he was excellent in all regards today

they neither surprise nor interest me I'm afraid, this isn't baseball and Gomes has shown the physicality for this league, he has positional intelligence and wins and distributes. It will take another pre season for him to be at full flow and to chide him after a full package display like todays is just a bit odd, the quote was 'he still annoys me' he was excellent in all regards today

Fair enough mate. Just pointing out tackling is not his forte.

He usually can't tackle, but he won a bunch of duels today. But yeah, his tackle/interception numbers are pretty bad. My issue is his lack of defensive positioning and/or athleticism to make up for it. Wonderful on the ball. He showed a bit more discipline today, though, so that was encouraging. Still got bypassed a couple times, once that was particularly poor.

But he was great today, no question. Still think I was a better CM/DM than him, but if he's one and we get another that's more of a 6 - Ibrahim Sangare might be the one - we might be fine. I just think West Ham was pathetic in the center of the pitch today. But against the poorer sides, if you are going to have the ball a lot, he's quite useful, no question.

Firstly, I rate him as world class. A week or so back I read people on here saying he wasn’t worth signing because of his “slump in form”.
Every player has the odd run of games when they’re not at their best. This guy is absolute mustard.
His upper body strength gives him the advantage over most players (he brushed Van [Poor language removed] aside in the derby at Goodison), he’s always looking to pass forward, and he shoots for goal......
The bloke is worth 40 million. He needs signing.....fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.