2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
...apparently Barcelona midfielder Rafinha has suffered a serious crucial ligament injury that might sideline him for 9 months. It’s being reported that this is not good news for our hopes of signing Gomes on a permanent.

9 months would leave him out til August so I doubt it would affect anything.

If Gomes isnt wanted / guaranteed regular football they wont turn down £30/35 million they'll take it and invest it in a new midfield signing imo.

Yeah why not?

Not all players are obsessed with just playing in the Champions League and all that. The feeling of belonging and having the faith of the fans is a big draw. Liverpool aint a bad place to live/commute to and we can pay well now.

He is enjoying himself here by the looks of it, no reason why he would not want to stay if the opportunity came up.

Man, I hope so.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...ivo-everton-andre-gomes-yerry-mina-digne.html

The future of André Gomes, depends on him

Although André Gomes is on loan and Everton has no purchase option on him, Brands did not hide that he would like to have him in the future, although it is still early. "The season just started. We are happy with André , but it will depend on him if he wants to continue with us or not, "said Brands . about the Portuguese midfielder, who was chosen MVP against Cardiff City in the clash this Saturday.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/everton-boss-marco-silva-reveals-15462160

Marco Silva says Everton plan to test Barcelona's resolve over Andre Gomes.

Gomes joined the Blues on a season-long loan in the summer with the Spanish giants refusing to listen to offers for a permanent switch.

But Silva has revealed that Everton want to hold talks with Barca over the possibility of signing the 25-year-old midfielder in the hope of being able to strike a deal.

Gomes was the stand-out performer as the Blues defeated Cardiff City 1-0 on Saturday at Goodison and has impressed since making his debut last month.

Silva doesn't want to put too much “pressure” on the Portuguese international but admits he would like to have Gomes at the club for the long-term.

“I think in the right moment we have to do something to achieve one player like Andre,” Silva said.

“We have time to do that. We are happy with him, he is enjoying the moment here and I don't think it is a good moment to talk every week because it's better they (Barcelona) forget about him a little bit about Andre!

“You go there in the right moment. Andre is enjoying his time but we don't want to put this pressure of a decision on him. It is early.

“When you make a loan, and not just Andre but Zouma as well, if you can do something tomorrow then you have to do it but football is not like that.

“At the end of the season we will talk to the players and with the clubs and after then we will take the decision or not.”

Gomes' Everton bow was delayed due to a niggling hamstring injury following his switch from the Nou Camp.

But the former Valencia man was handed his debut against Crystal Palace and has started the subsequent four games.

Silva reckons the best is still to come from Gomes.

“I knew him very well even though I hadn't worked with him before,” he said.

“Last season wasn't the best for him but we had very good conversations with him before he signed.

“When he came in he was injured and these were tough moments for him but he is now playing and performing really well and I am sure he will perform better because he has this quality.

“On Saturday afternoon he performed really well and his team-mates helped him as well because his first moments in the club were not easy. His team-mates and the technical staff help him settle fast and feel an important person in our dressing room, even when he was not playing, even when he was not training.

“Now he is playing well, working hard and everything you would expect of someone with his quality.”

So. I’ve not actually played as Everton on the new fifa yet - played a game with my brother in law today (Everton vs United) we played the new one where you lose a player if you score.

Couldn’t wait to get the sexy man on the ball and dance around the pitch. He hit the bar in the first min for me with a rasping shot.

When I finally did score it was Gomes with the assist and richarlison placing one through de geas legs. (10mins on Fifa).

I lose a player for scoring and they only go and take Andre ffs!

Gave up after that. Lost on pens.

Seen this bit repeated in media outlets recently:

Gomes joined the Blues on a season-long loan in the summer with the Spanish giants refusing to listen to offers for a permanent switch.

This goes completely against Brands comments after deadline day to the Guardian:
"I knew the price and it was not possible for us so we left that. In the end, he got injured in pre-season and we started talking about him again.
“I asked Marco [Silva] to talk with him because he knows him very well and the player was enthusiastic about it. I went back to Barcelona and asked if there was a possibility of getting him on loan.
"At first they were not so happy with that but in the end they came back and said maybe it could be an option.”

As I said, I’ve seen a few articles stating that Barca don’t want to sell him. Could this be a smokescreen from us to ward off other clubs?

_104484797_gcteam.jpg

As I said, I’ve seen a few articles stating that Barca don’t want to sell him. Could this be a smokescreen from us to ward off other clubs?

Makes you wonder how much they rate him at Barca, he played 30 La Liga for them in the 2016/17 season, and 8 champs league games, and 16 La Liga games in the 2017/18 season, plus 9 champs league games, think he was then side lined with an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.