2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got a link to confirm this story ? I often wonder how they got him so cheap.
He did very well at inter but came into the post mourinho team that was collapsing all over. The old highly paid triple winners were playing (badly) under benitez and the younger players weren't getting minutes.
I don't know an inter fan who wasn't fuming at the price. I suppose he wanted out.

You said he was James McCarthy understudy but his injury record suggests otherwise.
As to his playing ability if he hits his past form he will be twice the player MvCarthy is
They are night and day. It wasn’t THAT long ago that Gomes went to Barca for almost 40M. If we get the Gomes form from Valencia, he’ll not just be an automatic starter, he’ll be our best player. That’s not an exaggeration.

But yeah, I’m not sure why anyone really expects Jimmy Mc to be a box to box player. He’s a backup DM. Do I think he’ll give us more than Schneiderlin? Maybe. But if we sold both and went with Beni, think we’d be the same.

Now that looks like a proper formation, probably one of the best we've had for a good few years lets hope Gomes regains his form and can stay fit.
Silva and especially Brands have worked a minor miracle to transform the squad from the dire one we saw last season.
Agreed. Here's hoping my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.