2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was ok, he had a very shaky first 10 minutes, but, was ok after that. I think the big problem was that Davies went off, neither Onana nor Iwobi will sit the way Tommy D did. I would have taken one of the centre backs off, probably Tarkowski, as I sai d last week, he worries me when he is in possession near to our area, he is far too casual and perhaps a little over confident. I think at the moment we really need a 3 in midfield.

It is no surprise. He will need a season of development. West Ham knew this. He was going to be a squad player their playing the conference league and domestic cup games with the idea of taking over from Rice next season. We need another CM who is first team ready to give him time to adjust

It is possible he might need time that we do not have. He is the profile of player we would all like to target, young, physical and quick. May be not at that price but I can’t help but think it would have been better to get an experienced Premier League midfielder for cheap and use our little money on a striker.

We spent £5m on him mate

Status
Not open for further replies.