2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the Red Bull group would buy us out, or even why not the Man City group lol
I was just thinking of Onana and how if we had a strong manager and DoF i would try my best with players like him, and even Richy, DCL, Gordon types to say something like ' you will get your big transfer, but be patient. Show your quality with one or two really strong seasons, show your consistency and you can get a big money, big club move'. And then we develop the player for our benefit as well. Do we have that kind of strategy? There's no harm in us developing like a Dortmund, Porto, Red Bull, even Brighton type of model.

Elaborate?

Presumably your seeing a lot more from Onana than I am? I see a player who has drifted through 80% of the games he played in last season. Yes he's young but it doesn't mean he will be better. Most aren't
I'll elaborate for him
A straight swap loftus cheek for Onana would be shocking business and Chelsea would bite our hands off for it

I wish the Red Bull group would buy us out, or even why not the Man City group lol
I was just thinking of Onana and how if we had a strong manager and DoF i would try my best with players like him, and even Richy, DCL, Gordon types to say something like ' you will get your big transfer, but be patient. Show your quality with one or two really strong seasons, show your consistency and you can get a big money, big club move'. And then we develop the player for our benefit as well. Do we have that kind of strategy? There's no harm in us developing like a Dortmund, Porto, Red Bull, even Brighton type of model.
Problem is, these players play for us and we love them, they have a good season or two and then because we are just so poor and so unambitious they leave us.

But, it was playing for Everton and feeling that love off the fans that made them that player. Gordon has done nothing since he left, Richarlison has done nothing since he left. Richy left us to play champions league and I think managed about 5 games. The grass isn’t always greener.

I think Onana would leave and quite quickly fans of a so called big team would have a go at him for his lack of goals, killer pass etc. Thats why I think Pickford will stay. He’s smart enough to realise he’s got it great here. If he dropped some of his clangers at Man Utd then the fans would turn on him in a heartbeat.

I suppose they've broken just about every other rule so they might as well own two clubs in the same division.

Probably late to the party, but was he not called up by Belgium's seniors? Just noticed he's not in Belgium's squad for their game v Austria today.

Jones told FFC: "If they are under pressure to sell him, it won't come from him. I think that that's quite important to point out; he's not going to look to drive anything here, even though he's been one of their best players no doubt."

Elaborate?

Presumably you’re seeing a lot more from Onana than I am? I see a player who has drifted through 80% of the games he played in last season. Yes he's young but it doesn't mean he will be better. Most aren't
Onana does appear to have a lot of potential whereas Loftus Cheek drifts through games having become the very definition of a PL journeyman footballer (due to the number of loans he has had) and with a significant injury record behind him.

Onana does appear to have a lot of potential whereas Loftus Cheek drifts through games having become the very definition of a PL journeyman footballer (due to the number of loans he has had) and with a significant injury record behind him.

Ive never rated loftus cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.