2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think he was great. Game passed him by. If I were Lampard, I would look to freshen up the midfield trio for Leicester. Onana or Gueye should make way for someone to come in.

I think it’s quite clear he’s a defensive enforcer at present. Which is ok as far as it goes but doesn’t help our creativity issue.

I thought he was incredibly disciplined for a young lad yesterday. It felt to me like he wanted to attack and get forward more but it was very clear the game plan was defend first and nobody outside of the front three and Iwobi had licence to go forward.

He was far better against Palace and will be far better at home next game against Leicester because the game plan will be more attacking again.

Onana is young and immature, but who would you replace him with? Defo not Davies. Hopefully Onana by next season will have had some of the rough edges smoothed down. He is not the finished article but may make a good sound midfield player in time.

Good to read his comments in the echo re how hard he is working and how much attention Lamard is putting on adding goals to his game - Iwobi’s made similar comments recently. If he does add goals to his game he’s going to be some player.

Chronically short of goals from midfield at the moment - 1 goal in 13 between our three midfielders needs improving. If we start getting more goals from particularly our wide forwards but also Onana/Iwobi we’ll be shooting up the league.

Good to read his comments in the echo re how hard he is working and how much attention Lamard is putting on adding goals to his game - Iwobi’s made similar comments recently. If he does add goals to his game he’s going to be some player.

Chronically short of goals from midfield at the moment - 1 goal in 13 between our three midfielders needs improving. If we start getting more goals from particularly our wide forwards but also Onana/Iwobi we’ll be shooting up the league.
Learning Spanish, basically a come and get me plea, only been here 5 mins and angling for a move to Barca or Real already.
Fly fishing, by J R Hartley

I think it’s quite clear he’s a defensive enforcer at present. Which is ok as far as it goes but doesn’t help our creativity issue.
I’m not sure he neatly fits any conventional slot in the midfield, but he’s got enough about him to warrant a place in the team anyway. A bit like Fellaini (though I know that’s something of a tired comparison now).

I get the feeling we’ll see his precise role form up as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.