Am I the only Evertonian...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Bill

Player Valuation: £80m
...who sees a player like Sturridge on loan to Bolton and wonder why in the heck we couldn't get him, or a player like that on loan??? :mad: I have a feeling I'm not alone on this one.

Not by a long shot mate. I saw a lot of players who went on loan in January (Kakuta, Santa Cruz, Macheda, Muntari, O' Hara, Bentley, Keane, Dos Santos etc. etc. who I think are better than what we have/would provide support if, as Everton are good at, injury blights hit.

It seems the reality is that we had to clear a large amount of wages and still were unable to provide David Moyes with any funds to work with. Maybe i'm wrong but since the start of January things have changed at EFC.

I think the wages were still a real problem with most of the quality loans. Santa Cruz, SWP, Keane, etc would all have cost too much.

But yes, I was with you as well. The announcers even mentioned it a few times how last year Bolton got Wiltshire, and this year they got Sturridge.

It's upsetting that Moyes states that nobody who was available on loan would have been an improvement to the squad (I'm sure he said that, can't find the quote). I'd be sure he's covering Kenwrong's arse with a statement like that, and sure he's not as good as Saha, but Sturridge would be fantastic right now, as would Keane/Santa Cruz compared to Anichabe. If Moyes is going to play 1 forward, therefore blocking Beckford's chances, he should have got somebody suited to the role.

...who sees a player like Sturridge on loan to Bolton and wonder why in the heck we couldn't get him, or a player like that on loan??? :mad: I have a feeling I'm not alone on this one.

Same here, I clearly stole that point and tried to pass it off as my own in that **** post I done over there.

points over there*

Spot on but we have not a penny thanks to the great work done by the fat mincer

2 words in response

1. Kenwright
2. Mis-management

Oh and add this into the mix as well

Massive Bell-whiff

I was never really impressed with Sturridge, thinks he dives and whines almost to the point of Vic. He had a lot better support though, with Davies and Elmander always piling on the pressure and us never really looking like we were gonna dig in and put in a real shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.