All Quiet on the Club and Manager Front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Player Valuation: £8m
So since our last defeat and the huge call for the managers head and only silence from the club we have to take it that he is still getting the full support from BK.

With this in mind other clubs (those over the park being one) would be pushing for answers be it via banners, verbal chants at games or marches, does this mean that we don't really have the direction as supporters to be able to do something to show our frustration and disappointment or that we as Evertonians just accept what is put out in front of us?

I have to admit to being a sheep on this one and would support marches etc against both club owners and management but was wondering what the general consensus was, are we accepting of what is going on, the next win will see us through or are we always going to be long suffering?

I am fortunate to be old enough to have seen the good days but my long term fear for the clubs future is that the younger supporters, pre 10 year olds will start following the more glamorous successful clubs due to lack of ambition by both club and manager, indeed I genuinely believe they could be poached by a certain very ambitious club over the park, in my day if you are blue you are blue, but working in a primary school I see young children changing allegiances weekly and a lot of the EITC schemes costing money that schools can I'll afford they seem to be having less contact in the schools meaning less contact with potential supporters and yet we see many empty seats, be it restricted views that could have been given to schools to encourage young ones to attend? Most would call it investing in your future.

So since our last defeat and the huge call for the managers head and only silence from the club we have to take it that he is still getting the full support from BK.

With this in mind other clubs (those over the park being one) would be pushing for answers be it via banners, verbal chants at games or marches, does this mean that we don't really have the direction as supporters to be able to do something to show our frustration and disappointment or that we as Evertonians just accept what is put out in front of us?

I have to admit to being a sheep on this one and would support marches etc against both club owners and management but was wondering what the general consensus was, are we accepting of what is going on, the next win will see us through or are we always going to be long suffering?

I am fortunate to be old enough to have seen the good days but my long term fear for the clubs future is that the younger supporters, pre 10 year olds will start following the more glamorous successful clubs due to lack of ambition by both club and manager, indeed I genuinely believe they could be poached by a certain very ambitious club over the park, in my day if you are blue you are blue, but working in a primary school I see young children changing allegiances weekly and a lot of the EITC schemes costing money that schools can I'll afford they seem to be having less contact in the schools meaning less contact with potential supporters and yet we see many empty seats, be it restricted views that could have been given to schools to encourage young ones to attend? Most would call it investing in your future.
"Huge call for the managers head" ?
A few pages on a couple of forums , gonna take a lot more than that fella.

Think bill and co may already be 90% made up in mind what the future holds. I'd imagine this could be a defining week for roberto, which could see him loosing his job.

Unless there's a massive turn around in his performance I think he's on borrowed time. How quick he goes depends HOW poorly he does between now and the season end.

if kids choose to support those across the park after they stood against racism a few years back then so be it. fans don't really choose everton, i didn't, it just happens. not sure i can say the same about liverpool. maybe it's just different from where i'm from.

If he's getting the full support from the board it's because they can see that the situation is not a dire one and we need a handful of points to get some unassailable distance between us and the bottom three.

Honest to God. The level of melodrama about is hilarious.

Marches and banners.

Jesus wept.

I stopped reading at this point, Ralphie.

Thank feck we don't do things the way that shower does them.

And no.....we don't just sit back and accept it.

That is why the booing at Goodison has become such a hot topic on this site and beyond in recent months.

Banners demanding the sacking of the manager......well, I never.

You will be wanting planes trailing banners over the ground next......like the Kopite's mirror image up the East Lancs.

Status
Not open for further replies.