2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
£22M for ten moths left and not keen to sign a new contract?
£2.5M back on Gravesen to r-madrid to clear his marker?

When I see the Iwobi deal done and written in stone it'll be confirmation of a miracle. I'm amazed Marco Silva has been allowed to get away with this.

We'll win A LOT more headers.

Think he’s been a good professional with high standards in terms of work rate and effort while here but unfortunately his standards don’t meet the requirement maybe with better players around him it may of worked out better. Absolutely buzzing the price we got tho thanks Alex 👋🏻.

Absoultley the correct decision. We need players who want to be at the club right now, as its going to be tough season

If he'd of stayed and ran down his contract imagine how poor he would of been!. We would of had the Iwobi of the 1st 2 years NOT the improved Iwobi.

Good luck Alex 👍 the goal against newcastle is a special memory 👏

The fact Iwobi is our most creative player screams at how poor our team is. We got good money for a guy who will walk for free at the end year. The signings of Danjuma and Harrison will offset this loss. Gray needs to make his way back to the bench to provide depth.

Onana and Garner are our most creative players and thats before looking at our new signings.

Onana is already level with Iwobi's "big chance" creation from last season...with 4.

I wonder if this means a shift to 442? You certainly wouldn't want to be a CB up against DCL and Beto, I think McNeil and Harrison are the type of wide men who could play in a four or possibly more of a diamond with Garner sliding to the right a little.

An option to solve the goalscoring crisis?

Someone quoted Dyche replying to that question. Apparently he ssid were building around having 1 up front.

I wonder if this means a shift to 442? You certainly wouldn't want to be a CB up against DCL and Beto, I think McNeil and Harrison are the type of wide men who could play in a four or possibly more of a diamond with Garner sliding to the right a little.

An option to solve the goalscoring crisis?
Good point and it will increase competition for places now in the middle and left and right back slots.

Good business sense to sell Iwobi if he wanted out, and some signs Thewall is boxing clever in view of Evertons trading model.
UTFTs!

Doucoure saved us last season
And the previous season Iwobi contributed massively to our survival with a string of MoM performances.
Iwobi is by far the better footballer of the two,
Doucoure is an awful footballer , his only attribute is the one you accuse Iwobi of , running around a lot .
At least Iwobi can actually control and pass the ball something that totally evades Doucoure.

Status
Not open for further replies.