2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

No way we actually get close to 22m for him, would be a miracle. Those kind of sales is what enables you to actually consistently bring in decent players.

It's only good business because his contact was expiring at the end of the season. Iwobi leaving has made us weaker that's for sure. We need a replacement in, someone like gnonto may be good in the future but he isn't as good as iwobi is now? Why?

Because if he doesn't score then he doesn't offer what iwobi does to the structure of the team. We need another 2 or 3 in still I feel

It's only good business because his contact was expiring at the end of the season. Iwobi leaving has made us weaker that's for sure. We need a replacement in, someone like gnonto may be good in the future but he isn't as good as iwobi is now? Why?

Because if he doesn't score then he doesn't offer what iwobi does to the structure of the team. We need another 2 or 3 in still I feel

Sorry what does Iwobi offer to the structure of the team apart from pelting around like a headless chicken and leaving a gaping hole in whatever position he was supposed to be playing?

I don’t know about that tbh apart from the 2 half decent games a season iwobi plays football like benny hill

Sorry what does Iwobi offer to the structure of the team apart from pelting around like a headless chicken and leaving a gaping hole in whatever position he was supposed to be playing?
His numbers in training have always been amongst the best for the last 4 or 5 seasons and he has been regularly selected under every manager we have had. His ability to win his duels helps the team win possession in dangerous areas and maintain territory in games.

He is quick and strong and has great stamina and those traits will be lost and aren't easy to come by in a lot of players.

He's not a player who is good enough for a top half team but for us currently he is a player who's contribution may well have been key in what kept us up the last 2 seasons.

I like Alex Iwobi (even though iWobi does sound like a weird Apple product) and hope his move works out well for him. If the transfer fee is to be believed, then that's a very good deal. Where's the Iwobi money, Bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.