2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobie is one player who frustrates me as well. He frustrated me all last season when I believed Bernard was the much better alternative.
But I think he gets so much extra flak because of the kind of frustration he provokes, as when he does mess up it's usually after finding himself in a great position (having done well), when you are on your feet, with a chance on goal or to play a final cross or through-ball! All you can do is howl and sink back down again.
I do believe there is a good player in there, I think he just has no composure or confidence when it matters.

I really think that needs to be put to bed now. There isn't.

Yup, lost all faith in him i have. There's no way back. Get rid. I honestly tried giving him a chance, i even wrote in this thread that this season would be the one to come good.

As some mentioned, it's not just on the pitch. Personality-wise, he seems like an absolute tosser.

1638264649127.png

Yup, lost all faith in him i have. There's no way back. Get rid. I honestly tried giving him a chance, i even wrote in this thread that this season would be the one to come good.

As some mentioned, it's not just on the pitch. Personality-wise, he seems like an absolute tosser.

View attachment 147186

I don't see the point of questioning his character. I have nothing to suggest he isn't a good lad. He's just not very good at football, and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. It's not his fault we splashed out on him or that managers select him.

I don't see the point of questioning his character. I have nothing to suggest he isn't a good lad. He's just not very good at football, and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. It's not his fault we splashed out on him or that managers select him.

Aye, it's secondary but let's be honest, as fans, personality and character off the pitch for our players counts. Character is what made Baines or Cahill or Dunc. Naismith, Howard, Duffy, Stracqualursi, even Niasse had something going for them based on off-pitch character.

Similarly, people with similar or even better performances on the pitch would have their reputation and even career marred by lacking in off-pitch matters, like Mirallas, Gibson, or well, chiefly one who shall not be named.

Aye, it's secondary but let's be honest, as fans, personality and character off the pitch for our players counts. Character is what made Baines or Cahill or Dunc. Naismith, Howard, Duffy, Stracqualursi, even Niasse had something going for them based on off-pitch character.

Similarly, people with similar or even better performances on the pitch would have their reputation and even career marred by lacking in off-pitch matters, like Mirallas, Gibson, or well, chiefly one who shall not be named.

Character on the pitch is completely different though. Our team doesn't have the right mentality on the pitch and lack bravery, courage, fight etc, call it what you like.

It doesn't mean they aren't decent lads.

Character on the pitch is completely different though. Our team doesn't have the right mentality on the pitch and lack bravery, courage, fight etc, call it what you like.

It doesn't mean they aren't decent lads.

Sure, i wouldn't think Iwobi isnt a decent person, i'm just saying there's no mitigating factor in whatever else he's been doing after more than 2 years at our club.

He isn't a professional footballer. He's a gimmick. A beach 5 a side footballer. There's thousands like him who don't get a sniff in the pro game because the skills don't transfer to the actual sport, but somehow he did.

And we spent £30m on him.

Dan Magness has the world record for 26 hours of keepy ups; it's akin to us spunking £30m on him.

He isn't a professional footballer. He's a gimmick. A beach 5 a side footballer. There's thousands like him who don't get a sniff in the pro game because the skills don't transfer to the actual sport, but somehow he did.

Dan Magness has the world record for 26 hours of keepy ups; it's akin to us spunking £30m on him.

Precisely. Thats what makes me chuckle when i read he's good in training.
Has absolutely no relation to match day competitive games.
66 games in. I think ive seen them all. He's contributed by memory in less than 5 of them.
30m for that.
I repeat. We're a joke.

DO NOT let Marcel Brands see this

I think this is the best analogy I've seen. Technically, he must have the ability as multiple managers and players have said it, but it doesn't transfer to the pitch.

For me, it appears to be a combination of not having a football brain and lacking the mental attributes to impose himself on a game: some may call it bottle.

I bet we've all watched him multiple times half-heartedly go for a tackle and think, 'K'in, just go for the ball'.

He isn’t going anywhere. No other football team is busting him, he doesn’t even have the odd good game. Just occasionally less crap than the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.