2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya but that's my difficulty with Ancelotti. For me all along we are too negative to claim a European spot and dont deserve it due to matches like villa. Totally understandable against the top teams but I find his tactics very disappointing v mid table or bottom table opposition. I keep saying our club has not taken this fantastic opportunity for European football this season. What a chance we had for champions league if we clocked up points v mid table bottom table clubs.
I'd take a loss v villa if we had a right go to win it. What good is a draw when we finish 9th
Maybe and I don't like some of the tactics too but how much is that on is him cutting his cloth because we miss pace, dynamism and goals in the squad? Ancelotti decided at Christmas to shut up shop it isn't pretty and the home record is shocking but if we are honest it was probably our best chance with this team.

Maybe and I don't like some of the tactics too but how much is that on is him cutting his cloth because we miss pace, dynamism and goals in the squad? Ancelotti decided at Christmas to shut up shop it isn't pretty and the home record is shocking but if we are honest it was probably our best chance with this team.
But it was clear it was not working and with the other teams coming into form we would be passed on the table. I can understand keeping it tight but is he expecting to make big changes then to playing style by bring in 3 or 4 players this summer.

His football will not go down well when fans are back in if it carrys on.

But it was clear it was not working and with the other teams coming into form we would be passed on the table. I can understand keeping it tight but is he expecting to make big changes then to playing style by bring in 3 or 4 players this summer.

His football will not go down well when fans are back in if it carrys on.
"His football" is being largely dictated by a total absence of alternative options. Half the squad are garbage, to the point that our best two options to be deployed as holding defensive midfielders are both box-to-box CMs who only arrived last summer.

The continued criticism of Ancelotti's tactics on here is bemusing - he's bandaging gaping wounds using bits of torn up t-shirts and some folk are getting their knickers in a twist that he's not cooking Michelin-starred meals at the same time.

"His football" is being largely dictated by a total absence of alternative options. Half the squad are garbage, to the point that our best two options to be deployed as holding defensive midfielders are both box-to-box CMs who only arrived last summer.

The continued criticism of Ancelotti's tactics on here is bemusing - he's bandaging gaping wounds using bits of torn up t-shirts and some folk are getting their knickers in a twist that he's not cooking Michelin-starred meals at the same time.
You are missing my point. Totally.

I get the feeling the club want him gone, the bloke isn’t even an option anymore. Whether we can shift him is a whole different ballgame however

Yeah thats not true.

Lets assume he cost 34m and all add ons have been met.

34/5 = 6.8m - 2 years = 20.4m would be the ideal selling price, but, hes got 3 years left on his contract, lets say 4m a year in wages, if we sold him for 8m we would break even regards FFP.
Ahhh i see were your coming from.
I dont think thats how the accountants see it though.
My main gripe really was the whole big fees command these 5 year contracts because you need to protect the asset and you can spread the outlay over more years.
Id like to see us offer new signings smaller contracts (say 3 years) with the promise of renewal after 18 months.
Dont think the players or agents would go for that though

Status
Not open for further replies.