2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing Iwobi has done well recently when attacking is committing defenders.

His decision making leaves a lot to be desired, but he is drawing players in.

We need more of that.

As somebody who knows ZERO about strategy, I have to ask a possibly-dumb question.

I can see with my own eyes that his crosses often seem a little off. Or more than a little off. But I also see him breeze by defenders with some ball-control ability. So would it make sense to have him in the middle of the pitch instead?

Sorry if that's a stupid question!

As somebody who knows ZERO about strategy, I have to ask a possibly-dumb question.

I can see with my own eyes that his crosses often seem a little off. Or more than a little off. But I also see him breeze by defenders with some ball-control ability. So would it make sense to have him in the middle of the pitch instead?

I think that's his preferred position... Also Gylfi's and James's...

Not at all. He's definitely suited to playing as a 10. But we don't really play with one - we have James drifting inside to fill that space.

It's definitely an option I wish we'd have seen more of.

What ? You are obviously a wind up merchant .There is far more to the game than just dribbling past an opponent ,I will give you it is the most exciting thing after a goal but stop making rash stupid assumptions
when you don't know me .
The point is, if you read properly, that he is the only player we had that day who would take players on and suck in defenders. It’s no issue mate, I’m not saying he’s world class, just saying we needed him badly that day.
Jeez

You also get more space out wide to run at defenders. In the middle of the park being able to use the ball quickly is a lot more important. Not saying he couldn’t do it, just that he wouldn’t get the same space.

Status
Not open for further replies.