2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've stumbled across something here, I really like him as a wingback as it really simplifies his game.

I'd have him over Kenny every single time.
If there is cover for him behind at wing back he looks decent enough going forward.Nowhere near a back 4 player. He will get taken apart at right back by any decent team.

While he didn't have a bad game, he was utterly hopeless in the second half and there really can be no excuses for a Premier League midfielder to constantly cross a football directly out of play. He'll never be the answer for us, but we won't be able to sell him. Same story for about 10 others.

He's one of those players who you watch and hope desperately he doesn't mess up just so you can think he mightn't have had too bad of a match. We'll be doing this for the next couple of years.
its exactly that type of thinking we need to bin....lets get behind him....and who knows

Kenny is fit. Nkounkou is our back-up left-back.

Delph should be nowhere near the side unless his one role is to sit in that '6' role and pass it to a better player.

I find our squad management absolutely abysmal, from the top down.

Is Kenny fit? I dont think he is back fully fit.

And I like Nkounkou too, but clearly the manager sees the back up as Delph.

I agree with your analysis of where he should play as well, but given how the manager views the squad, our top 4 full backs are injured, which is having an impact on performances. Not many clubs could cope with that.

Is Kenny fit? I dont think he is back fully fit.

And I like Nkounkou too, but clearly the manager sees the back up as Delph.

I agree with your analysis of where he should play as well, but given how the manager views the squad, our top 4 full backs are injured, which is having an impact on performances. Not many clubs could cope with that.

He has been fit enough to play in the last 2-3 games. I'm not that bothered about that side, in all honesty, in terms of the last few games, as Iwobi has done okay when played there and we have other options (Godfrey/Holgate).

But on the other side we have no options and there is no excuse for Ancelotti not to play Nkounkou.

You say that he sees Delph as back-up, but i don't think that's the case either. Nkounkou played in the EFL Cup games and v Newcastle. Granted Delph coming back to fitness (lol) in the early part of the season. He also played Iwobi at LWB last week, rather than Delph.

He basically is going to a lot of daft lengths not to play Nkounkou, and there is one reason for that and that is Nkounkou's age.

Well, I'm sorry Carlo, but that doesn't cut it, because if you weren't happy with a 19/20 yr old as back-up to Digne (an integral part of how we play in terms of an attacking left-footer to add balance and width and who can get up and down all day), then we should have got somebody else in.

Status
Not open for further replies.