2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only because their winger changed wings to push Deign back the first half we had a bit of discomfort on the right-hand side, but overall could have gone in at least 4-1 up - 2nd half defensively midfield wise a total disaster a better team would have punished us as for the pen, plus who's to say they would not have score two in two minutes?

Well that’s the thing, we don’t know, we also don’t know if we’d have gone up the other end from the kick off and scored a 4th. But what we do know is that the exact passage of play that led to their 2nd goal would not have happened. So you can’t say “well it would’ve finished 3-3 if they’d scored the pen”.

Well that’s the thing, we don’t know, we also don’t know if we’d have gone up the other end from the kick off and scored a 4th. But what we do know is that the exact passage of play that led to their 2nd goal would not have happened.
2nd half very early on Rhico had our only chance which he should have scored, but accept it's his first game back etc,and he did really well for us, but really that 2nd half performance was a lower standard than the last 3 games we have lost..... after his missed chance we never did much at all never mind go down & make it four as we looked out of shape as a team - plus tired....

It worked to a certain extent but we got trapped in our third by a very poor Fulham team for most of the second half. Not convinced it’s the answer

More like a 343 that turned into a 523. I don’t like the formation, when under pressure you end up with the two centre midfielders being totally overrun with far too much ground to cover. The back five get too deep and there’s not enough options to get out when you win the ball back so end up with aimless clearances. Maybe against relegation fodder, disaster waitin to happen against better teams.

I think Carlo said we were basically tired from the internationals, so were not as good in the 2nd half. I dont think the formation works without James and Richarlison in it. they are key, when sigurdsson and davies came on we were just holding on, basically playing 5-4-1 for most of the time with DCL isolated. I think the formation can work but it needs the right personnel and at the moment we have no viable back up to James and Richarlison

Well that’s the thing, we don’t know, we also don’t know if we’d have gone up the other end from the kick off and scored a 4th. But what we do know is that the exact passage of play that led to their 2nd goal would not have happened. So you can’t say “well it would’ve finished 3-3 if they’d scored the pen”.

Yes I mean especially as they wre so close together, and we seemed to really get our act together once it went 3-2, from a defensive standpoint at least. I mean if it was 10 minutes later or whatever it's fair enough, but they were all a similar sequence.

The worry for us, is that the penalty didn't wake us up.

Victor Moses played a similar role for Chelsea and excelled in it. Alex is still never a starter for me out wide, but 3rd forward off the bench and RWB are two positions he has shown promise in.

I kinda agree. What's 3rd forward though? Only after Bernard and Gordon you mena?

Status
Not open for further replies.