2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shouts in here are hilarious lmao

At Arsenal he was one of the absolute best players in the league at getting the ball in the box and creating chances

You don't just lose that between the age of 22 and 23

Don't think he's suited to the way we played last season but if we're playing 4-3-3 more this season then maybe that's what gets him playing his best role.

Maybe he never fits the new tactical approach and side, but to say he's the worst player in the last 20 years is just very very funny

At Arsenal he was one of the absolute best players in the league at getting the ball in the box and creating chances

Don't think he's suited to the way we played last season but if we're playing 4-3-3 more this season then maybe that's what gets him playing his best role.

Maybe he never fits the new tactical approach and side, but to say he's the worst player in the last 20 years is just very very funny
Agree, Some of the shouts in here are so over the top, He doesn't even come close to the worst signing we've made.
I mean the money we spent on him is really heavy for his output, Hopefully it'll work out in the end.

This post is like iwobi. Rubbish.
Absolute drivel.

This post is like iwobi. Rubbish.
Absolute drivel.
I’m not sure he’s the worst player to play for us (probably a stretch), but he has had a poor career thus far. It’s rewriting history to claim otherwise. It’s up to him to put the work in, but I have less faith the older he gets. He hasn’t improved much at all from his younger days. Do think he needs to stay off the wings. He will never make it as a winger.

I’m not sure he’s the worst player to play for us (probably a stretch), but he has had a poor career thus far. It’s rewriting history to claim otherwise. It’s up to him to put the work in, but I have less faith the older he gets. He hasn’t improved much at all from his younger days. Do think he needs to stay off the wings. He will never make it as a winger.

Correct. He showed promise as an 18yr old. Arsenal fans loved him because he was an arsenal fan and he came through their ranks. Just like any Everton player they sometimes get the benefit of doubt for that reason.
By the time we signed him(still cant believe we did) arsenal fans were sick of him. We saw last season why. His tackles are fake. He hardly wins a challenge. I dont think i saw him once last year go past or attempt to go past anyone.
Dont even know the stats but was he hooked more times than anyone last season?
Inefective does virtualy nothing player.
Rewriting history is spot on fella.

Correct. He showed promise as an 18yr old. Arsenal fans loved him because he was an arsenal fan and he came through their ranks. Just like any Everton player they sometimes get the benefit of doubt for that reason.
By the time we signed him(still cant believe we did) arsenal fans were sick of him. We saw last season why. His tackles are fake. He hardly wins a challenge. I dont think i saw him once last year go past or attempt to go past anyone.
Exactly what Bent said about him. He just doesn’t do anything. It’s baffling

I don't know who was responsible for this panic buy but whoever it was made a very big mistake.
PA-45469985.jpg

He did about 1.5 dribbles per game last season so maybe your view is a little obstructed

(this isn't particularly good, it's slightly below average, but it's quite a bit more than 'never')

Funny how our attacking midfielder Iwobi gets slated for not winning challenges, but our 'centre midfield maestro' Gomes who is quite literally *nearly the worst player in the top 5 leagues* for getting dribbled past gets a free pass.

The double standards in a fanbase once a narrative gets going are truly staggering. Happens everywhere tho

I could see him being used to bring Zaha to us from palace. Think he is missing London and would jump at the chance to go back. Just my interpretation and my hope

Status
Not open for further replies.