2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been many flashes of what he can do, but playing in non existent midfield around him and given a non specific job to do it's no wonder he has struggled. Alex will become a valuable part of this sqaud and team and loose the the whipping boy status once the next one is majority selected

He's been awful. Almost like he's rocked up for a pay cheque every week without any desire to earn it.
New season. Hopefully with it comes a new attitude.

Think if he was to play in a midfield 3, the furthest forward of the 3, then he’d turn it around for us. The problem with that is I’d still be starting James and Gordon there ahead of him, albeit James might start on the right of a front 3.

Hope he turns it around, but it is more hope than expectation.

By no metric can anyone make a compelling case that he's been anything other than disappointing on the whole in his first season for us.
However, there have been a number of flashes indicating his ability on several occasions - deft touches, nicely weighted through-passes which make you think that at a higher tempo with space to attack, and with a reworked midfield containing an ounce of dynamism and aggression, I'm hopeful (if not expectant) that Iwobi could well be a renewed force and a significant contributor towards our change in fortunes. Could be shabite again, like..

Crazy panic buy, just looked so out of place and sadly, not a surprise. Never ever going to be a wide midfielder in a 442. Would happily sell but we won’t shift him so have to hope a better midfield and change of formation/position will see him at least contribute something.

Even the play him centrally shouts have absolutely no merit, I’m sure if he was half decent centrally then Wenger or Carlo would have played him there.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest he can play in the hole better than James Rodriguez haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.