Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get the fume over iwobi. Decent stats, 23 and obviously wanted to join us and marco wanted him. Dont compare to zaha as he is a different player and younger

Judging by this he is pretty effective either side and could even fill in for Kean...I think Iwobi playing off of Kean will be absolute dynamite away from home...

To be honest I’m not really fussed what our new players ex teams fans thought of them They’re our players now and I want them to succeed here and help us improve . It’s up to them and Marco Silva whether they achieve that Good luck to all of them.
Spot on. As a reminder Barca fans were telling us last summer that Digne wasn't good enough going forward. It happens all the time when a player leaves.

Watched some YouTube clips now. Doesn't really look like a natural winger the way he moves but I like how he controls and passes the ball.

In some sequences where he's in a more central position he almost reminds me of Ever Banega, dare I say it, although I'm sure Iwobi is nowhere near Banega's vision at this point.

Could be a semi-flop, but hopefully he comes good at Everton, maximizing his potential.

Seems like every black winger in the premiership is bolasie 2

Zaha, now iwobi
I think the fume is over, us being after Zaha for so long and this was obviously if we couldn't get him. I think if we'd signed him a week or two ago no one would be bothered. 23 years old, International, played in Europe all the way to final and scored in that final. Despite his team getting battered. I think he'll be a good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.