Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they'd been able to sign players he almost certainly would have gone.

The point being is that there are good young players who can't get into the teams with more money than us, just writing them off as 'rejects' is silly, if we were signing 28-year-old back-ups I'd somewhat agree but young players with potential are a different story.

Fair enough yes, but unless they spent big, I doubt they could replace him.

The potential purchase of Iwobi is mundane in my opinion.

That remains to be seen.
Richarlison only played one season for us and hit the ground running, and one of, if not, THE brightest prospect in Europe so lets wait and see.
Not sure why the negativity, we are stronger than last season and that is progress in my book.
That’s debatable. I think we lack a number 9, and we also are weaker in the key central defense area.

I trusted him until it became apparent the arse had fell out of his masterplan, and he's suddenly doing his best Steve Walsh/Bill Kenwright hybrid impression, scrambling around last minute for top four cast-offs.

I still do trust him to an extent, but he got this all wrong. It's OK to admit Brands got it wrong - the key is he learns from it.

And you base “he’s got this all wrong” on what exactly?

Price is a bit much but I’m happy with the signing

We’ve basically just replaced Lookman here for 20 mil, except Iwobi’s a lot more experienced, he’ll be able to make an impact starting not just off the bench, and he can play in 3 attacking positions

We played our best football last season with Richarlison right Bernard left, so I’m glad we haven’t changed that. I think we all got tricked into thinking we desperately needed a starting right winger cus we were linked with them all summer

I trusted him until it became apparent the arse had fell out of his masterplan, and he's suddenly doing his best Steve Walsh/Bill Kenwright hybrid impression, scrambling around last minute for top four cast-offs.

I still do trust him to an extent, but he got this all wrong. It's OK to admit Brands got it wrong - the key is he learns from it.
For me it’s inarguable he miscalculated the CB position, but without knowing the full facts of how this came about , it’s hard to be overly critical. Especially as the rest of his acquisitions have been good and financially prudent.
Even the best make mistakes and , as you say , as long as they learn from it that’s allowable,

I love how it cuts away after the 'skill', because 90% of the time following it he gives it away or smashes a crap cross in.
It cuts away, presumably because it's a 'skills' compilation... But if you've seen every one of the situations in the video and know he gives it away that much, I'll go with that...

Fair enough yes, but unless they spent big, I doubt they could replace him.

The potential purchase of Iwobi is mundane in my opinion.

That's fair enough, I'd agree it's not a hugely exciting signing but I think it's solid value at a good age which seems to be our thing at the moment.

I'd have loved a winger with more goals in them but I do 'get' the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.