AGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
85% of turonver on wages.

Need to have a good year regarding losses to get by the premier leagues FFP rules.

Have to be savvy in the summer regarding signings.
Savvy Bill Kenwright style: "Good morning Mr Messi how would you like to come and play for Everton with no wages? Think of the tax perks."

Slightly different though isn't it, they are actually owned by those super rich people/countries, Uzi and mosh seem to be doing it in a different way and hard to see their agenda.

Like I said, why are we even still trying to find investors when the bloke is worth so much? That just raises some questions to me is all, about their long term plan/agenda.

I'm just causious is all. Due to what has happened with other clubs in the past.

I would rather us be sustainable, I would have rather in hindsight mosh had put all his money in the stadium and developing the commercial side of the business , instead of funding the failure Walsh created.

Instead sadly he has invested so much with no return, with so much investment still needed for both the sqaud and the stadium

To answer your point in bold, absolutely no one puts their own net worth into funding for a stadium, they may put a bit here and a bit there but everyone always uses alternative routes for the bulk of the costs

As for your worries about doing a Leeds/QPR/Sunderland etc, in a year’s time the wage turnover, operating losses and club debt will all be significantly reduced (hell the club debt is that small that a player sale would easily wipe it out)

Please explain why Usmanov basically wants to give us money for the stadium being named after a holding company no one has ever heard of but doesn't want to invest in the actual Club and have actual shares in the actual Club.
If I knew all the answers I would be a billionaire not a 39 hr a week PAYE worker.
Dont fret lad the USM lads have this sorted

85% of turonver on wages.

Need to have a good year regarding losses to get by the premier leagues FFP rules.

Have to be savvy in the summer regarding signings.

As I posted last night wages were 79% of turnover in 2012. We've always had a generally high wages % of turnover. That's one of the reason why we have to get these early loans guaranteed against TV money to assist with cash flow because of revenue streams only kick in when the season starts.

Increased revenue will only come from 1) New stadium 2) On field success

These are the PL teams that had a wage % of turnover over 70% in 2018

Bournemouth - 76%
Palace - 78%
Everton - 77%
Leicester - 75%
Southampton - 75%
Stoke - 74%
Swansea - 71%
WBA - 74%

Generally these teams are A) Trying to compete in some form (top 6 or stay in the league) so spending big on wages and B) Have small revenue streams

Look at the top 6 wage % of turnover

Arsenal - 60%
Chelsea - 55%
Liverpool - 58%
Man City - 52%
Man U - 50%
Spurs - 39%

On field success meaning regular European football leads to higher commercial income, bigger revenue, high wages but still a small % of turnover.

Commercial & sponsorship income

Arsenal - £107m
Chelsea - £107m
Liverpool - £154m
Man City - £232m
Man U - £276m
Spurs - £109m

Meanwhile ours was £43m

not much of a band if there was no beak or booze involved
A polka band perhaps:dance:

Last off topic one: Mods don't shoot me.

It's like herding cats getting them organized straight, if I'm introducing anything else to the equation they're a nightmare. I may as well just set the studio money on fire.

As I posted last night wages were 79% of turnover in 2012. We've always had a generally high wages % of turnover. That's one of the reason why we have to get these early loans guaranteed against TV money to assist with cash flow because of revenue streams only kick in when the season starts.

Increased revenue will only come from 1) New stadium 2) On field success

These are the PL teams that had a wage % of turnover over 70% in 2018

Bournemouth - 76%
Palace - 78%
Everton - 77%
Leicester - 75%
Southampton - 75%
Stoke - 74%
Swansea - 71%
WBA - 74%

Generally these teams are A) Trying to compete in some form (top 6 or stay in the league) so spending big on wages and B) Have small revenue streams

Look at the top 6 wage % of turnover

Arsenal - 60%
Chelsea - 55%
Liverpool - 58%
Man City - 52%
Man U - 50%
Spurs - 39%

On field success meaning regular European football leads to higher commercial income, bigger revenue, high wages but still a small % of turnover.

Commercial & sponsorship income

Arsenal - £107m
Chelsea - £107m
Liverpool - £154m
Man City - £232m
Man U - £276m
Spurs - £109m

Meanwhile ours was £43m

I hope eventually shifting all of the so-called deadwood will make a contribution to getting this % down.

It would also suit us to concentrate future spending on younger players, who by definition will have less extravagant wage demands. I'd rather buy potential than pay over the odds in fees and wages for more "established" but middle of the road, and late 20s type signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.