Advice for attending away game at Old Trafford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Yes, I'll be visiting with an American accent. Which probably helps since they have a big following of bandwagoners over here in the states. But I plan to wear Everton gear and I'm hoping to spend time at a bar with other Blues.
Twll the mancs your Glazier's loan adviser. They'll love you for it

If you fancied somewhere outside the city centre you could try Beech Road in Chorlton or Burton Road in West Didsbury. Both places have good pubs, bars, and cafes, and handy tram stops to get to the game. That's especially true for Burton Road, which has its own tram stop. Get off at Trafford Bar, I think.

Thank you all for the recommendations. I'll try to check out a few of the places suggested while trying to not get pushed into a canal. The home match with Leicester should be much less stressful.

COYB

Handy tip for anyone driving, the Lowry park is about 6 pound but you can get that back of anything you buy in the shoping center, ciggies, Yogurt in Holland and Barrett, meffy clothes anything that takes your fancy

if you want to drink by the ground the matchstick man next to Salford quay metro stop is ok as long as you don't wear colours,its a wetherspoons type pub,10 mins walk then to the away end,been a few times with no problems!

always worn gear to: West Ham, QPR, Arsenal, Watford, Norwich, Fulham, Palace, Spurs.

Never any trouble, is united really that different ?

always worn gear to: West Ham, QPR, Arsenal, Watford, Norwich, Fulham, Palace, Spurs.

Never any trouble, is united really that different ?

if your getting the train/tram you have to go past all their pubs etc, I've seen and heard of a few instances where some of them have picked out people alone or wearing colours who wouldn't fight back, normally worse if we've got a result on the way home

Wear a nice Everton badge on your coat that will do

Mostly enjoy yourself its a night game to so plenty of boozing to do beforehand which should make it a good atmosphere

Thanks. Yes, I'll be visiting with an American accent. Which probably helps since they have a big following of bandwagoners over here in the states. But I plan to wear Everton gear and I'm hoping to spend time at a bar with other Blues.
Not a good plan mate ... any other city these days it is ok but Manchester is full of knobheads looking to rile you !

At least you are in the Everton end. I'll be in the United fans - the anti- scouse vitriol is unbelievable, like being a Jew at a Nuremburg rally. Wll just hope for an Oviedo moment but my god it was hard not to react. Worse when they score- how I don't get detected I'll never know. At least sat with a United mate so we can talk. Big game this one though- particularly if we are neck and neck with them.

After a 1-1 draw when McFadden scored i was on that street where you turn right after leaving the away end going towards the Cricket ground.

It was so packed no one could move and i was surrounded by a mob that was trying to get back towards the Everton fans and was trying to get others to follow suit.

I was with a mate from Coventry who said to me after we got away that he was literally scared for my life because if they heard my accent a lot of them would of definately of gave me a kickin and there was no where to move nevermind to leg it anywhere.

United away isn't a place a scouser, or supporter of a scouse team, should go without being weary and have your wits about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.