2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

YCHTD.jpeg

….i’m as critical as anybody in respect of his lack of quality in possession but I think they said we’ve got 19 points from the games he’s scored in. That’s very impressive if true and you can’t argue about his effectiveness to this team over the season. He’ll be going nowhere.

Take a bow.

Who couldnt score the goal today? DCL put it on a plate for him.

It may well be that he stays for another season but one of McNeil, Dobbin or Chermiti needs to push him out over the season.

Another game, another winner but my word he's an awful footballer. The way he moves I wonder how he doesn't fall down. It's like he's immune to gravity.

7 goals in 30 1/2 prem games. That's all that matters to me and plenty of wide forwards would be happy with that.

Those seven goals contributed to 19 points.

If he leaves then you need someone in the final third capable of that productivity.

Harrison and McNeill scored three league goals apiece and they probably played more league minutes so already I can see a big issue next season if Harrison returns and they're asked to step up.

Lots of calls for Barkley to come home...5 league goals with pretty much a role that absolves him of any defensive responsibility so again stats not as good as Doucs.

I get the negativity about him as of course his technique is mediocre but let's be clear on this. Midfielders capable of hitting 7 in 30 game are not found in bargain basement/free transfer market unless you luck out on one.

Also a struggle to see the defence being a top 5 unit again next season. Take Branth out and it will become far more vulnerable against pace so that's another problem if someone isn't scoring regularly at the top end.

7 goals in 30 1/2 prem games. That's all that matters to me and plenty of wide forwards would be happy with that.

Those seven goals contributed to 19 points.

If he leaves then you need someone in the final third capable of that productivity.

Harrison and McNeill scored three league goals apiece and they probably played more league minutes so already I can see a big issue next season if Harrison returns and they're asked to step up.

Lots of calls for Barkley to come home...5 league goals with pretty much a role that absolves him of any defensive responsibility so again stats not as good as Doucs.

I get the negativity about him as of course his technique is mediocre but let's be clear on this. Midfielders capable of hitting 7 in 30 game are not found in bargain basement/free transfer market unless you luck out on one.

Also a struggle to see the defence being a top 5 unit again next season. Take Branth out and it will become far more vulnerable against pace so that's another problem if someone isn't scoring regularly at the top end.

I dont see him as a midfielder any longer.

Hes a support forward pushed up close to DCL.

Is 7 goals good enough for that position?

Not for me. However hes missed so many since December...hes getting into the right positions.

Weve seen his technical skills compared with Chermiti, McNeil and Dobbin.

Think perhaps next season he'll be rotated alot more.

Personally its hard not to sell him, the saved wages and a £10mil+ fee would be ideal for a 31 year old.

No reason why the other 3 cant match 7 goals over a season in his position.

Not for me. However hes missed so many since December...hes getting into the right positions.

Personally its hard not to sell him, the saved wages and a £10mil+ fee would be ideal for a 31 year old.

Barkley only scored 5 this season in a near identical set up for him.

Glyfi in his seasons here scored 4, 13, 2 and 6 in the premier league (and a fair few were penalties).

Look back to many of Cahill's peak seasons and his goal return in premier league was 7-9.

He's joint scored with the main forward so I just feel given the perilous make up of the squad it feels too big to lose him currently. Look again at the situation in Jan 2025 under hopefully new ownership.

D

Don’t be a fool. A single player contributing 19 point is no mean feat for a team struggling with relegation.

Doucoure may not look great but his contribution to our survival is what matter most.