2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

He’s always been crap, having a few deflections and ricochets drop to your feet for tap ins doesn’t make you good especially when your role is (I guess) to play as a #10/second striker type. I’m not sure there is a better way to use the players we have but shoehorning him into that spot seems like it can’t be as good as it gets. He can’t play deeper because he’s positionally a mess. Should’ve been sold if we’re being honest.

Been really poor since coming back into the side. Danjuma is the only player in our squad who wants to run with the ball and take players on. I’d play him, Mcneil and Harrison on Sunday. Highly doubt Dyche will be this bold on the back of last night. Think he’ll be ultra negative and defensive.

We can't just keep picking players who are under performing. Bench this lad and play Gomes/Danjuma or two strikers. Dyche under serious pressure now so it's time for change. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result will not wash.

Can't play him up top with Beto, neither of them can hold the ball up. I think he was probably better in midfield (his actual position) than playing as a 10, but that isn't saying much.

The most important player in squad imo.

When he's playing well, we're mid table.

If he's injured or not playing well (terrible since he came back), we're a horror show.

Dyche's whole system is about that position being effective.

I hope we never see him associated with this club after the end of the season

Is everything that is wrong with this club
One of the very few that have actually done ok over the last three seasons, ridiculous comment. Keane, Godfrey,Holgate,Iwobi, Gomes etc far worse than this lad

I hope we never see him associated with this club after the end of the season

Is everything that is wrong with this club
Certainly lost any form since he came back, but that's going a bit over the top..
We wouldn't even be in the premiership if it wasn't for Douc's, and the same could possibly play a big part this season with his early form/before injury.

1713652909675.png

Certainly lost any form since he came back, but that's going a bit over the top..
We wouldn't even be in the premiership if it wasn't for Douc's, and the same could possibly play a big part this season with his early form/before injury.
We also quite likely wouldn't be in a relegation fight if players like Doucoure weren't wearing Everton shirts. Mad that, like saying Gareth Farrelly was one of our best players of the 90s.