2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Under Dyche he is a 1 in 3 player though.

I think the key to Doucoure is having a midfield which means he doesn't have to pass or dribble, and he can just press and be high up the pitch.

He cannot pass to save his life but am fine with that if he continues that form - frustrating player when he has to actually "play" though.

I think we just have to accept its where we are at. Id sell doucoure in an instant if the club could kick on and get better players.
But we're at that level right now. When the games technical forget doucoure. When we're in your face and scrappy just get him in the box. He's as dyche as player a you could get.

Pivotal..I'd be looking at new contract if he carries on.

Also looks like they've found their new scapegoat now Iwobi has gone.

….I was only thinking about this myself yesterday. He’ll never be the Glen Hoddle no10 some posters crave but he’ll be appreciated by his teammates and manager for the contribution he makes.

I wondered if we manage to get ourselves in a safe looking position and the FFP outcome isn’t too limiting if Doucoure might be offered a new deal. He might actually fancy a Bosman, can’t see him signing an extension for less than 2 seasons.

I always get the impression playing football matches matters to him.

….I was only thinking about this myself yesterday. He’ll never be the Glen Hoddle no10 some posters crave but he’ll be appreciated by his teammates and manager for the contribution he makes.

I wondered if we manage to get ourselves in a safe looking position and the FFP outcome isn’t too limiting if Doucoure might be offered a new deal. He might actually fancy a Bosman, can’t see him signing an extension for less than 2 seasons.

I always get the impression playing football matches matters to him.
Am sure some Saudi teams will be sniffing round him.

Think he reminds me of Naismith more than Cahill atm. Causes alot of moves to break down due to poor touch/passing but a reliable finisher.
Only reliable if it's from 2 yards out - last game he missed a 1v1 like he's never touched a ball and then miscontrolled a ball to put himself through another 1v1.

For every goal like the one last season against Bournemouth he's absolutely skied about 5 shots out of the stadium.

Should have had a lot more goals than he has had

Doucoure individually has the 4th highest xG of any player in the league this season.

Only Haaland, Isak and Salah are above him.

He isn't the best finisher in the world, but he does have a knack of getting on the end of chances

He’s not the next Cahill, he’s not the messiah, he’s not utterly garbage, he’s not an amazing footballer either.

He’s a decent PL footballer who has got us a few points since Dyche took over as he constantly plays him and he’s come up with a few goals.

Why can’t we just enjoy him having a decent period without people dissecting everything in an effort to slate him?

Before I get pulled on my choice of words by the pedantic who will no doubt try and claim I am proclaiming him as the second coming of Christ, I said DECENT, not GREAT, or AMAZING.