2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

….he has many detractors but he’s never going to be the super talented no10 some posters expect. Just accept he’s not going to deliver terrific passes or be good in possession but he’ll run all day for the cause and is effective in his own way.

Playing matters to him, whether it’s getting the vital block in that melee or scoring a valuable goal.

Accept him for what he is, one of the first names on the team sheet.

I know his wages are significant, but surely we should try to get him to sign a new contract...I have a feeling that he will end up next year in Saudi with crazy wages.

For a ‘stupid’ footballer, look at his awareness and movement when the ball is put in towards Tarkowski
Does fantastically well to spin into space, get onside and then hammer it in!
Weird if people think he's stupid, that's totally unfair on him. He's clumsy at times, that's about it. Often I don't think his decision making is the issue it's more that he doesn't seem totally confident on the ball. Under Dyche he's been our best midfielder and deserves his place in the team. Anyone slating him should see the rest of our squad doesn't have a player that can offer what he does.

I think he went off the boil with Benitez and Lampard but who at the club didn't, fantastic under Carlo and now doing the same under Dyche, like you say for a "stupid" player he certainly understands managers who implement tactics and a gameplan. I think if he can continue on then he'll contribute 5-8 goals this season. Very good player in this system.

Weird if people think he's stupid, that's totally unfair on him. He's clumsy at times, that's about it. Often I don't think his decision making is the issue it's more that he doesn't seem totally confident on the ball. Under Dyche he's been our best midfielder and deserves his place in the team. Anyone slating him should see the rest of our squad doesn't have a player that can offer what he does.

I think he went off the boil with Benitez and Lampard but who at the club didn't, fantastic under Carlo and now doing the same under Dyche, like you say for a "stupid" player he certainly understands managers who implement tactics and a gameplan. I think if he can continue on then he'll contribute 5-8 goals this season. Very good player in this system.

He almost broke his neck in a celebration today the daft bugger. Great performance though!

Did well today and unlucky not to get a 2nd but I would still be looking for another more technical no 10 to replace him.
Well I suppose that might also depend on the Dele Alli situation.