2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

Can't quite believe the negativity around this guy. Yes he is technically limited and not the best finisher around, but the stats speak for themselves. His goals kept us in the league last year, and he is the only midfielder capable of scoring goals by the looks of it (excluding the wingers). I am very happy is here and yes I am hopefully that we can get better players but the reality is that we can't afford those better players.

Can't quite believe the negativity around this guy. Yes he is technically limited and not the best finisher around, but the stats speak for themselves. His goals kept us in the league last year, and he is the only midfielder capable of scoring goals by the looks of it (excluding the wingers). I am very happy is here and yes I am hopefully that we can get better players but the reality is that we can't afford those better players.
He’s barely playing midfield

All players have faults. To me Doucoure is such a grafter and gets into some great positions by exploiting space so he is a clever player in that sense. His passing is what lets him down.....some come off but most become a wasted opportunity

…it’s also what he gives defensively, one fantastic block to save a goal in the 2nd half.