2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not having that: no player doesn’t care as good as Gomes, and give those stupid, lazy, cowardly free kicks away as often as he does!!
He doesn't give away free kicks because he's lazy or cowardly mate he's just an awful footballer out of possession with no idea how to time a tackle or stay in front of someone dribbling at him. It's a skill problem not a mental one.

He doesn't give away free kicks because he's lazy or cowardly mate he's just an awful footballer out of possession with no idea how to time a tackle or stay in front of someone dribbling at him. It's a skill problem not a mental one.
I’d say it’s a skill problem combined with a mental one.

I’d say it’s a skill problem combined with a mental one.
I think we have a tendency to make it out like our players would be good if they just cared more/were braver/tried harder and I don't think that's really the issue. We just have a lot of players that are not as good at playing football as their competition. And sadly whether it is Gomes or Doucoure or Godfrey or Delph we could have probably figured that out without wasting the money if those in charge had the slightest clue.

Doucoure and Allan with someone like Gueye during his time with us behind them would be an outstanding midfield three, easily good enough for European places… unfortunately we’ve always played with one of them as the more defensive of the three which they don’t excel at and by the time next season starts they’ll both be another year older and certainly in Allan’s case, further from their peak.
A big missed opportunity with two very good CMs.

Doucoure and Allan with someone like Gueye during his time with us behind them would be an outstanding midfield three, easily good enough for European places… unfortunately we’ve always played with one of them as the more defensive of the three which they don’t excel at and by the time next season starts they’ll both be another year older and certainly in Allan’s case, further from their peak.
A big missed opportunity with two very good CMs.
Sorry
Stopped reading when I got to outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.