Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly what I’ve seen him of him here is exactly what I saw of him at Watford. He’s a very ordinary player I think; he’s not awful but he’s pretty limited and inconsistent. I really don’t expect him to get much better.

I was perplexed when people were saying he’s a “must” signing. Baffles me what people see when they watch football

Not sure exactly what I was expecting, but I'm not overly convinced by Abdoulaye Doucoure; it's very very earlier days yet though.
Mate, what's with the blank opening line before you start your post, is there any specific reason for this ?

On topic, I think he'll prove to be a meh signing, I just don't see a player with enough attributes to be starting regularly for a team with top 6 aspirations, never mind top 4.

Covers a lot of ground to fill in gaps when teams are countering . Doesn’t win the ball back much and basically slows down opponents counter attacks . Doesn’t dominate in the air or in either box .. can’t thread a ball through, isn’t very good in tight areas , doesn’t pass forward , can’t shoot , doesn’t make blocks , can’t Cross... I’m struggling to see what he can do apart from run.

I at least thought he'd be an incredible athlete bombing all over the pitch, but he might as well have brought a deck chair the last three games and just pitched it up in the middle of our half and admired the game from there instead. Need to do much better, Abdu.

Mate, what's with the blank opening line before you start your post, is there any specific reason for this ?

On topic, I think he'll prove to be a meh signing, I just don't see a player with enough attributes to be starting regularly for a team with top 6 aspirations, never mind top 4.
Alright mate, the gap thing is something I do 'automatically' and seems to be like an OCD type of thing, almost like checking your front door 15 times in a row to make sure you've locked it, and it irks me if I don't do it.

As for Doucouré, I'm hoping that I have it wrong about him and he turns out to be a top player and a tremendous asset for us. It is very early days and I don't exactly feel that he's looking like a disaster of a signing, just not convinced by him as of yet.

Alright mate, the gap thing is something I do 'automatically' and seems to be like an OCD type of thing, almost like checking your front door 15 times in a row to make sure you've locked it, and it irks me if I don't do it.

As for Doucouré, I'm hoping that I have it wrong about him and he turns out to be a top player and a tremendous asset for us. It is very early days and I don't exactly feel that he's looking like a disaster of a signing, just not convinced by him as of yet.
Been meaning to ask you for ages, thanks for clearing that up, I can now go about my day, with my own case of OCD in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.