A sympathetic view of our season from those ghastly cockneys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the guy who wrote that sits behind me. His constant cursing of Howard and complaints that Lukaku doesn't defend well are remarkably similar.

Why would any sane Evertonian listen to a Chelsea fan waffling jibberish about Everton, or even football for that matter. He's likely watched us on a 35 second cameo in the MOTD graveyard slot to generate that pile of dross.

Funny that a team who changes manager more than I change my mind about whether it's tea or coffee in the morning generates supporters who judge every other teams management recruitment frailties by their own.....as if Everton are going to sack Martinez for finishing above Chelsea.

"the fans’ frustration may force Martínez out at, or before the end of the season."

The lad is a tool of the highest order.
They just have no idea what it's like to have a bit of patience.

To be honest though I don't think Everton fans could force out a six year old child from a ball pit, we're not really the activist type.

Tl:dr Koff, millwall with money the absolute mings. I remember being outside 'the bridge' and your horrible racist thug fans flogging c18 and nf stuff. Leg it you absolute bells.

Pretty much bang on tbh. It's what many have been saying all season - we are poor without the ball, don't defend as a team - the front four don't contribute nearly enough defensively - and we are a soft touch. The least number of fouls conceded is not a positive stat.
This whole season has been a smokescreen to get the fair play place in Europe. RM is genius!!!

A good article, and the use of stats was particularly good , especially the bit about our "forwards" and the lack of tackles made. It was like a light bulb moment and one so obvious it's almost embarrassing to admit I missed it. We line up as 4-2-3-1, when you see the team there's Rom up front, 3 behind him , 2 further back, yep 4-2-3-1. But the tackle count of our 4 "forwards" reveals we effectively play 4-2-4. The number of tackles Galloway had to make was startling with little protection from anybody further forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.