A New Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesb1970

Player Valuation: £20m
In all the big games in recent years we have read about the players that could win or save the game for us. We read and hear about how individuals have scored vital goals over the season or will be play a pivotal role in how the next big game will unfold. Now things are different. This is being billed as a game that will put us back on the map, relight the blue touch paper and show all the world that the Blues are back...a force to be reckoned with. I haven't a clue how tomorrow is going to turn out but one thing I know for sure is this....THE BLUES ARE BACK.

The ethos of the club has changed. There is a definate winning mentality now and as a result the confidence is building. One criticism I have had of Moyes is his negative style of football but Ithink this is also changing as we are growing in belief. The stability of the club is certainly a major factor in us moving forward and I think that year on year the calibre of personnel has improved. This will continue as we go on and I for one don't see Moyes moving until he has proved himself with putting Everton back to the top with some silverware. As the qulaity of players improves so does the quality and style of play. All of this has been done the Everton way. Quietly and with dignity.

I would be ecstatic if we beat Chelsea tomorrow but I have to admit that I don't think the result tomorrow is as important as the change I have seen in the Club in the last few weeks/months.

All the best for the final everyone. Nil Satis...

I don't think we play negative football anymore, Moyes unfairly gets this label attached to him because we were forced to play that way in 04-05.

Arteta, Pinnear, Cahill, Osman, Fellani: given that some combo of these players all start in our midfield, I wish someone would tell me, which one of these players play negative footie?

We're back.....and we're spectacular!!!!

I don't think we play negative football, we just didn't have enough technically gifted player to fully exploit our playing style and make it attractive enough.

I don't think we play negative football, we just didn't have enough technically gifted player to fully exploit our playing style and make it attractive enough.

Yes we did, they were just on crutches. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.