A favour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor David.

He has his "views" and we shouldnt bully him for them.
I agree , I enjoy reading his views and people debating them . He's not always right/wrong but considering the sometimes venomous backlash he gets , Dave (for the most part) maintains his stoic approach to posting .

Blues...

Moderator central has been a bit chaos recently. I think a combination of the weather, school summer holidays and the transfer window has fried a few brains...

Help us out eh?...

GOT should always allow fun, it should always offer escapism to some - moderators need to respect that, but you have to help us out.

- Everton Forum Threads. Help us keep them on topic, especially in the big threads like 'New Stadium Discussion', and 'Summer Transfer Window'. Some are taking the piss... please don't spam your own forum.

- Needless Angst. We're all Evertonians, if someone posts something you disagree with you can say so without being an arse. Give people, especially new members, the benefit of doubt. Too many are too quick to belittle, condemn or accuse. It's a real shame to see. I think digital conversation in general is becomingly increasingly divisive/partisan - let's try and buck the trend on here.

- Harassment. It doesn't sit right when a few 'gang up' in a collaborative effort to take the piss out of one or two. While I'm sure the intention is often for some fun/isn't malicious - there's a line which is sometimes crossed. When that happens moderators can knee-jerk...

- Reports. Moderators can't read every post, so we do genuinely really appreciate the reports. That said, some have got a little silly recently. Please swerve the tit-for-tat, it's obvious some are targeting members in attempts to have them banned.

Nice one.
Dan

Need to bring in a new moderator, even if on loan like

Working on a deal to bring back @micknick

He said he'd only come back if @chicoazul returned with his previews though, so we might be forced to look elsewhere.

Despite my ambitions (and self appraised ability, trained up mostly by excessive hours playing FM and the like) to run a football club, I can only imagine running a football forum is a difficult, grueling job.

If that's what you've got to do, godspeed, but some contracts you watch and wait for them to wind down, and it feels better to get rid than get.

Despite my ambitions (and self appraised ability, trained up mostly by excessive hours playing FM and the like) to run a football club, I can only imagine running a football forum is a difficult, grueling job.

If that's what you've got to do, godspeed, but some contracts you watch and wait for them to wind down, and it feels better to get rid than get.
I was a moderator on TWC and it was a nightmare ,even with the tight ToS it employed . I imagine it's a lot harder on a more liberal forum such as this . The staff here do a great job

I think thie link below may have had something to do with this intervention from the mods and I thinak them for it.

Im not raking up the travellers issue again, as the mods said to me...not the place. Now luckily Im big and definitely ugly enough, to not care less about the opinions of, or mickey taking from a few people I dont know off the internet. But lets not pretend that was banter, I have never interacted with any of the people involved, so it wasnt mates having a laugh, it was a load of people having a go at a random stranger because they didnt like the fact he had defended friends and family. AS I said they had no idea if I was someone who suffered from depression, or anxiety or social exclusion etc etc. Id love to think some of those involved would think, he has a point there, sadly I imagine they wont and maybe the next one in line for a, what was it, 'profile party; will be someone with a mental health issue?

PS aswel as not being bothered about any of it because, well, why would I be.....I couldnt understand most of the posts...Im getting old!.

They can 'force ignore' people but I'm not sure that solves the problem still, thread bans is definitely the way to go I reckon, seems a decent tool that immediately puts a stop to it.

Threadbans where you can still see the discussion are the best as it's like torture, so much you want to respond to but nothing you can do.

Absolutely threadbans the way to go, bust force ignore could reduce it as well. Person A and Person B who are usually waffling cant see others post to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.