777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is what he was involved in.

Plus ca change!

So, Neil W was a bit part player in a takeover attempt that didn't get off the ground...25 years ago. That's his credentials.

How does this feller get a shedload of attention for stating that he's had a word with a hack he knows, and one with a *Blue Knight* circa 2024 version of himself, and that it's all looking bleak? The number of times he's replied to that forum thread you can tell he cant believe his luck he's been handed 15 minutes of fame.

The fact is that he and others might be accountants and in the industry, broadly speaking, and they might *know* certain people somewhere at the periphery of where the discussions are taking place on Everton, but he's nowhere near the inner core of any potential negotiations taking place on a sale and is effectively trying to put a jigsaw together in a pitch black room and holding only half the pieces.

He's a poster on a forum. Let's just recognise that and see this 'info' for what it is. No one other than key sensitive players know wtf is going on.

I can't wrap my head around the notion that Everton are not a very attractive proposition for investors or vanity project seekers.

We are a global top flight institution. Yes, we flirted with relegation for a couple of seasons, so what?

We are located in a major area with Liverpool, Man.U and City as our neighbours. The stadium. I mean, come on. It's a world class stadium within a world class location. The fanbase are incredible. So how come we are being led to believe that 777 were the only bidders stupid enough to want to buy little old Everton?
There must be a few wealthy buyers out there just waiting for Moshiri to utter the words 'going once, going twice...'
It's not just wishful thinking on my part surely?
We haven’t done anything of note for nearly 30 years.
To a neutral we are a mid table no mark club.
We do not generate enough money to maintain even our humble mid table existence.
And for long periods we have played football no one would choose to watch .
Our shirts sell only to committed supporters, we don’t command top dollar from sponsors or advertisers, our commercial appeal is rock bottom.
Ultimately football is an entertainment business and if you don’t entertain then you have have no business.

I can't wrap my head around the notion that Everton are not a very attractive proposition for investors or vanity project seekers.

We are a global top flight institution. Yes, we flirted with relegation for a couple of seasons, so what?

We are located in a major area with Liverpool, Man.U and City as our neighbours. The stadium. I mean, come on. It's a world class stadium within a world class location. The fanbase are incredible. So how come we are being led to believe that 777 were the only bidders stupid enough to want to buy little old Everton?
There must be a few wealthy buyers out there just waiting for Moshiri to utter the words 'going once, going twice...'
We owe hundreds of millions of pounds out to people who don’t even have a share in the club, we are near City, United and Liverpool in location only, we are in another country if you compare it in football and investment terms.
The scary thing is I imagine there are far worse things at the club that aren’t even public yet.

Think we might have missed the boat tbh, who wants to buy a Prem club now?

The team in 6th spent a billion on players, the team in 7th is the richest club in football and the team in 8th are probably the most valuable club in the world.

The competition is crazy.

We do not generate enough money to maintain even our humble mid table existence.
Our shirts sell only to committed supporters, we don’t command top dollar from sponsors or advertisers, our commercial appeal is rock bottom.
Ultimately football is an entertainment business and if you don’t entertain then you have have no business.

Spot on sadly. We are archaic. A lot of people have allowed this to happen.

I have hundreds of millions of reasons for you why we’re not as attractive as we might be…

But there is a figure at which Moshiri could sell where we represent both value for money and an exciting investment opportunity for the right buyer.

The problem is, that’s below what Moshiri is looking for.

But, ironically, we are more well known as a football club than was the case 35 years ago when we were the best team in Europe. How so? Simply because we are a permanent fixture in the richest, most watched league in the world. Football is exponentially more popular as a sport than in the 80's and is followed in countries who had no interest in the sport at that time. Everton FC is more famous around the world than it has ever been. That is an undisputed fact

As regards raising the club's profile for sponsorship and generating more match day income and non match day income, isn't that the very reason we are moving to a world class stadium?

Agreed and more worrying, there are much worse times ahead.

It doesn’t anger me anymore, it’s not worth it. Too much has gone on for anger. Just find yourself repeating the same things more or less and it’s obvious most don’t want to know anyway. Pointless.

Whatever happens I hope things turn out alright.

There are absolutely reasons that we would be attractive. The major problem is the numbers involved. There's half a billion of debt to be repaid before you consider other bills coming due and what little the existing owner may think he can recoup. Nobody, particularly with the new stadium on the horizon, would suggest we don't have a lot going for us as a potential purchase for someone but the debt we are loaded with is a huge, huge barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.