777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wasn't sure if 777 was that bad at first. I had to do my research and read a lot of posts here to be fully convinced, coupled with the daily dose of bad news that seems to pop up about them. Like everyone, I'm totally against 777 now. I think they're cowboys who are completely blagging their way into the club, and I have no idea why Moshiri thinks they're suitable other than that he does not care about the club. However, I disagree entirely with the Esk when he says that administration would be a better alternative to 777; administration would leave a dark cloud over our proud history and would be utterly disastrous on so many levels, the loss of jobs to staff being the main concern with so many local people working for the club across the many departments. It's just ludicrous to suggest administration would be better than 777. Don't get me wrong, it's like choosing between one bullet to the head and five bullets to the chest, but I'd take 777 owning Everton over administration any day of the week, assuming that 777 doesn't lead us to administration anyway, which they probably could haha

I wasn't sure if 777 was that bad at first. I had to do my research and read a lot of posts here to be fully convinced, coupled with the daily dose of bad news that seems to pop up about them. Like everyone, I'm totally against 777 now. I think they're cowboys who are completely blagging their way into the club, and I have no idea why Moshiri thinks they're suitable other than that he does not care about the club. However, I disagree entirely with the Esk when he says that administration would be a better alternative to 777; administration would leave a dark cloud over our proud history and would be utterly disastrous on so many levels, the loss of jobs to staff being the main concern with so many local people working for the club across the many departments. It's just ludicrous to suggest administration would be better than 777. Don't get me wrong, it's like choosing between one bullet to the head and five bullets to the chest, but I'd take 777 owning Everton over administration any day of the week, assuming that 777 doesn't lead us to administration anyway, which they probably could haha
Exactly. 777 ain't exactly palatable, but some of the worst things we fear 777 might do are some of the first things administrators definitely would do. The damage it would do to Everton as football club, employer and community institution is untold. Some people talk about administration like it's a natty workaround, trade 9 points to shed some debt and off we go.

To sit on the fence as a devils advocate I can see the case for people saying administration is better than 777. I think they see it as inevitable in the near future if 777grasp power or not. It would be a huge mess if it happened with them at the helm after pumping even more borrowed monies in. What worries me most is who is funding them and when will they rear their heads to get the money back they're owed by this gang of frauds. Usmanov will not be writing off his money just yet either,as Moshiri and MSP won't be too. With the amount of businesses with big money tied up in this I can't see an easy way out, especially when all involved have different agendas and none with a care about Everton.

The only really far fetched solution I can see that would sort it is for MSP to exercise their right to a major share in the club and go from there, maybe having a football minded plant of Usmanovs at the helm to sort the club out. That's my dream ticket......until Usmanovs cover is blown once more lol My bet is Usmanov would stump up more cash too in the hope of recovering his losses, especially we are now safe and the stadium almost complete. Can't possibly see any outsiders coming in now, far too complicated.

To sit on the fence as a devils advocate I can see the case for people saying administration is better than 777. I think they see it as inevitable in the near future if 777grasp power or not. It would be a huge mess if it happened with them at the helm after pumping even more borrowed monies in. What worries me most is who is funding them and when will they rear their heads to get the money back they're owed by this gang of frauds. Usmanov will not be writing off his money just yet either,as Moshiri and MSP won't be too. With the amount of businesses with big money tied up in this I can't see an easy way out, especially when all involved have different agendas and none with a care about Everton.

The only really far fetched solution I can see that would sort it is for MSP to exercise their right to a major share in the club and go from there, maybe having a football minded plant of Usmanovs at the helm to sort the club out. That's my dream ticket......until Usmanovs cover is blown once more lol My bet is Usmanov would stump up more cash too in the hope of recovering his losses, especially we are now safe and the stadium almost complete. Can't possibly see any outsiders coming in now, far too complicated.
Administration provides an expedient solution, structure and certainty. These are all things we need, and the mental aspect of these traits is more palatable to supporters than what is happening now or what will happen with 777. It’s sort of like saying “I’m exhausted by all of this and don’t want to deal with it anymore, let’s go with Administration.”

However, that doesn’t make it the right or logical solution. 1, it’s not our money. 2, there are too many negative outcomes that go along with Administration to make it anything but the absolute last option.

Administration provides an expedient solution, structure and certainty. These are all things we need, and the mental aspect of these traits is more palatable to supporters than what is happening now or what will happen with 777. It’s sort of like saying “I’m exhausted by all of this and don’t want to deal with it anymore, let’s go with Administration.”

However, that doesn’t make it the right or logical solution. 1, it’s not our money. 2, there are too many negative outcomes that go along with Administration to make it anything but the absolute last option.
Agree with all of that, especially regarding livlihoods of the behind the scenes staff. However the club is now in a nightmare scenario where administration is now being openly regarded as a sad but real possibility.
What I can't grasp is we are now all but insolvent, ie we have not got the cash to pay the wages without taking doubly borrowed money off 777. They seemed to struggle with this months payment, so raising the money to buy out MSP would I'd guess be at even higher rates. That's before they even contemplate about buying Moshiri/Usmanov out and finishing BMD, it just isn't stacking up no matter how I try to spin it.
If such a thing as they did succeed and became owners they'd owe as much as the club was worth and the borrowing would continue. They are a world wide toxic brand now so I couldn't see them attracting partners or backers in the near future.

One other point too that nobody can answer, is where are their loans coming from? I would not be surprised to learn that the monies they receive have in turn been borrowed. We need some sort of clean break now, this can never have a happy ending. It's jjust how this clean break occurs to allow Everton FC to ever be able to compete at the top level again without borrowing to pay for the basic bills.

Agree with all of that, especially regarding livlihoods of the behind the scenes staff. However the club is now in a nightmare scenario where administration is now being openly regarded as a sad but real possibility.
What I can't grasp is we are now all but insolvent, ie we have not got the cash to pay the wages without taking doubly borrowed money off 777. They seemed to struggle with this months payment, so raising the money to buy out MSP would I'd guess be at even higher rates. That's before they even contemplate about buying Moshiri/Usmanov out and finishing BMD, it just isn't stacking up no matter how I try to spin it.
If such a thing as they did succeed and became owners they'd owe as much as the club was worth and the borrowing would continue. They are a world wide toxic brand now so I couldn't see them attracting partners or backers in the near future.

One other point too that nobody can answer, is where are their loans coming from? I would not be surprised to learn that the monies they receive have in turn been borrowed. We need some sort of clean break now, this can never have a happy ending. It's jjust how this clean break occurs to allow Everton FC to ever be able to compete at the top level again without borrowing to pay for the basic bills.
That have been borrowed. They borrow at, let's say, 10% interest and loan it to us at 20%. (Hypothetically). They have no money.