777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's clear who leaked it. Might as well put a designer baseball cap on top of it.

They cant be that deluded, while its costing them 100s of millions mate.

The fact they are still at it, is further proof they aren't competent.

That said, its a publicity game for them as much as anything, could be one of the most expensive ad campaigns in history.

• "Club’s financial future could be in jeopardy if takeover rejected"
Club's financial future in jeopardy if takeover approved as well.
You can take immediate financial jeopardy and guaranteed relegation or potential issues down the line, with a possibility of the club being flipped on when the stadium is completed. I don't think there's a middle ground

Sad as it'd be, we'd be better off going down now and coming straight back up next season, which would be likely.
That way, we could kick off at BMD in the Premier League.

The thought of going down next season, and bearing in mind that we aren't likely to strengthen the squad in the transfer market
for a couple of reasons, is scary because we would be starting our time at BMD in the Championship.

You can take immediate financial jeopardy and guaranteed relegation or potential issues down the line, with a possibility of the club being flipped on when the stadium is completed. I don't think there's a middle ground

Where is the information to support this?

Sad as it'd be, we'd be better off going down now and coming straight back up next season, which would be likely.

The thought of going down next season, and bearing in mind that we aren't likely to strengthen the squad in the transfer market
for a couple of reasons, is scary because we would be starting our time at BMD in the Championship.
Relegation is NEVER the answer

Where is the information to support this?
The talk of financial future, 777 having to loan us money for 6 months, Moshiri having major Russian connections, The Esk article (the numbers leave it open to interpretation but the amount of debt doesn't sound good). I think its too simplistic to say Moshiri has chosen not to fund the club

If we go down this season we'll be doing that at best. No chance we come straight back up with a depleted squad and zero money to improve it

• "Club’s financial future could be in jeopardy if takeover rejected"
Club's financial future in jeopardy if takeover approved as well.
Sadly true but as with all things Everton it feels like we are just having to confront immediate problems rather than solve long term ones.

We know the stability of 777 mid-long term is dubious but we also know that the immediate and pressing financial cliff edge could be upon us before we even get there if the situation isnt resolved, and I honestly don’t know if the short term relief of having ownership and some degree of funding settled might be the less bad thing we can hope for.

I want to believe in a much better third way but evidence has not been supplied.