777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where have you got this from? I’m asking these questions because I haven’t looked into it in the slightest, not trying to be facetious.

Premier League voted for a cap on leveraged buyouts of clubs. The cap is assumed to be 65% value of the club.

People are saying 777 don't have the money so they're going to have to borrow and leverage the debt on the club eg Glazers at United.

Therefore the idea is if we're valued at say £900mill (which isn't unreasonable), 777 could leverage around £500mill against the club.

Hence why it's a bad thing. And also why I don't see 777 buying us out.

They won't purposely come in and try and kill us, they'll just run us on the cheap. What we earn is what we can spend minus shareholder payouts, we'll be used to possibly raise capital to buy other clubs for the portfolio, so for instance if they need 50 million extra and could get that for DCL then the majority of the funds could be used elsewhere in the group.

If all sporting decisions are correct it may seem like we are a well run club, a few mistakes and it will be very hard to recover.

I would also say these are the type that could sell the stadium to a third party to raise funds.

I think the 2nd risk is a big one here. For the time being we will their best asset, and I would imagine we will see some benefits from that (favourable loans, potential sale of players from said teams etc). However it would be foolish to think they wont at some point try to acquire a bigger name, and our status is reduced.

Premier League voted for a cap on leveraged buyouts of clubs. The cap is assumed to be 65% value of the club.

People are saying 777 don't have the money so they're going to have to borrow and leverage the debt on the club eg Glazers at United.

Therefore the idea is if we're valued at say £900mill (which isn't unreasonable), 777 could leverage around £500mill against the club.

Hence why it's a bad thing. And also why I don't see 777 buying us out.

Who's putting that value onto the club?

Unfortunately, the present circumstances and parties involved is making me think of the problems and consequences experienced by Coventry and Leeds - losing their ground and relegation.

If 777 are as disreputable as posters here and elsewhere have suggested (and I've no reason to doubt them) then how could they possibly pass the Premiership's "fit and proper persons" standard?

I hope earlier posters are right and that Moshiri's distressed position is now seen by all and a better new owner comes forward.

The Saudi government passed that test.

If it were 500 million I can't see why we haven't got more people interested as effectively Moshiri would be handing the club over for nothing. Unless it is 500 million and they take on the approx 600 million of debt/amount to be paid out.

Exactly.

Which is why I can't see 777 buying us out. Never have done

It'll be purely investment.

All this is media spin put out by one of the parties to drum up interest

If we’re properly ‘up for sale’ surely there would be a lot of interested parties, an ever present PL club with a huge fanbase and the best stadium on the way. Opportunities to acquire that are rare. Often takeovers are done before you get wind of them so I’m convinced Bezos/Musk are circling. Adding some optimism to the thread for balance 😁

To be honest, I’m not sure what people even want. There have been protests, there has been unhappy people with the board and fans calling for everyone to go.

As soon as it’s announced that it’s almost happening people are outraged about who Farhad would dare sell the club to. Talk about not being able to win.

We are a funny old bunch.

If we’re properly ‘up for sale’ surely there would be a lot of interested parties, an ever present PL club with a huge fanbase and the best stadium on the way. Opportunities to acquire that are rare. Often takeovers are done before you get wind of them so I’m convinced Bezos/Musk are circling. Adding some optimism to the thread for balance 😁
I’ve been on rightmove and I can’t find it anywhere.

The owner puts whatever value he wants on the club

Forbes says we're valued at around £600mill.

I'd think Mosh wants north of that.

No one will pay that until the stadium is done. And if we do drop down a league, then he'll have to lower his asking price irrespective of the stadium.

To be honest, I’m not sure what people even want. There have been protests, there has been unhappy people with the board and fans calling for everyone to go.

As soon as it’s announced that it’s almost happening people are outraged about who Farhad would dare sell the club to. Talk about not being able to win.

We are a funny old bunch.

There can be multiple bad things...