777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's secured loans from MSP and 777 in the process of finding a buyer.
No reason to think he cant do this again or finance it himself.
We wont go into administraiton and I doubt we'll sell off our prize playing assets.
If there are interested parties in the wings, they and Moshiri are well aware of what the likely process would be if 777 falls through.
Lots of reasons.

The loans from 777 are rumoured to be at 20% interest.
The majority of Moshiris money is invested in Russia.

Im not suggesting we will enter Administration, but I think people who assume it 100% wont happen are being very naive.

This administration talk is non-sense.

No way is the guy whos been holding out for a high price because he values his money so much going to just then lose everything. If administration were a danger he would just lower the price. 100 million is more than 0, and he could then by selling for a fraction of what 777 are paying.
Even he lowers the price, a new owner would be on the hook for xxxm loans from 777, xxxm loans from MSP and xxxm loans from Media Rights.

Plus xxxm to finish the Stadium.

Why is everybody assuming its solely Moshiris asking price that makes us unattractive?

Lots of reasons.

The loans from 777 are rumoured to be at 20% interest.
The majority of Moshiris money is invested in Russia.

Im not suggesting we will enter Administration, but I think people who assume it 100% wont happen are being very naive.
I mean yea, sure. It could happen but I'd imagine there are absolutely tonnes of financing options before it's needed.
Split the stadium company from the club. Borrow on the back of the new TV deal, sell players, get cut rate stadium naming rights, sell BMD and lease it back.

I dont want any of these options but they'd all be looked at before administration.

Drop his price enough and he's bound to get a buyer who can supply a bridging loan that could be converted to equity. Thats the most likely path.

Even he lowers the price, a new owner would be on the hook for xxxm loans from 777, xxxm loans from MSP and xxxm loans from Media Rights.

Why is everybody assuming its solely Moshiris asking price that makes us unattractive?
because that's the only one that's negotiable and anyone seriously interested is happy to wait and see if 777 falls through and the price drops.
The market has moshiri over a barrel but he's not too bothered because it's not really his money anyway.

I mean yea, sure. It could happen but I'd imagine there are absolutely tonnes of financing options before it's needed.
Split the stadium company from the club. Borrow on the back of the new TV deal, sell players, get cut rate stadium naming rights, sell BMD and lease it back.

I dont want any of these options but they'd all be looked at before administration.

Drop his price enough and he's bound to get a buyer who can supply a bridging loan that could be converted to equity. Thats the most likely path.
The big issue seems to be we have no avenues of borrowing available, it would seem.

So current rumours of 777 not getting the funding/approval and now if it doesn't go through we are going into administration?

Seems to me that 777 and/or Club are trying all the old tricks of leaking to Matt Hughes.

Interesting that we haven't seen 777 recently in the last home games
Think it’s giving Hughes too much credit to suggest his report is based on anything he’s been told, his only sources are the voices in his head.

Rights Media have loans for the next few years of TV money.

Stadium already has its own entity with MSP loans against it.

The financial issues at the moment are primarily around stadium financing. The football business is in better health than it has been for a long time. The last 2 transfer windows have generated around £90 million in fees and slashed the wage bill by around £40 million a year. There will be people out there who will see us as a good acquisition, particularly now the FFP hearing is done and we (hopefully) look like we can avoid relegation. People will be holding off at the moment believing that Moshiri can be forced into selling at a lower price than he is currently asking for. Administration benefits no one. Moshiri loses money and a new owner inherits a team with a further points deduction, jeopardising our Premier League status. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the situation will look a lot rosier by the end of this season.

The financial issues at the moment are primarily around stadium financing. The football business is in better health than it has been for a long time. The last 2 transfer windows have generated around £90 million in fees and slashed the wage bill by around £40 million a year. There will be people out there who will see us as a good acquisition, particularly now the FFP hearing is done and we (hopefully) look like we can avoid relegation. People will be holding off at the moment believing that Moshiri can be forced into selling at a lower price than he is currently asking for. Administration benefits no one. Moshiri loses money and a new owner inherits a team with a further points deduction, jeopardising our Premier League status. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the situation will look a lot rosier by the end of this season.
Debts mate, we are utterly riddled with debts.

But I agree, we do seem to have put a lid on the obscene wastage of the last few years.

We have a few wage drains, Gomes, Dele, not a slight on either, they were given huge contracts and are either injured or well, not available, but there is 240k a week just sitting at home playing PS5. But on the main we have a slim squad with very few massive wage earners.

I would be very bouyant if we didnt have those debts around our neck.

Because it is. 777 is paying 550 million pounds to Moshiri, but the debt remains in place. Administration wipes Moshiri's stake out, and leaves him with nothing.

That's a big bargaining window. If a prospective buyer paid 550 million pounds, but that price cleared all the debt and only what was left over went to Moshiri, the club would sell tomorrow. It's worth that, with zero debt and the only liability being the remaining costs to complete the stadium. It's far more attractive than West Ham in that scenario thanks to the new, modern stadium, and we have evidence West Ham is worth that much.

The club's "actual" value lies in between those two numbers, and the reason he's dealing with these jokers on an installment plan is because he's trying to recover as much as he can. I think it's very shortsighted, and that the smart play would be to take a lesser price that doesn't involve making a zero-interest loan to people who do not appear creditworthy. If they miss an installment, what's he going to do? Send the club into administration, and force another sale?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding UK law here, but it seems to me that in that scenario the secured creditors get paid off, and he gets left holding the bag. He's betting that 777 remains a going concern, which seems like a heroic assumption given the legal troubles and whispers.

That leaves us with the two existing explanations for all the prior results. Either Moshiri is surrounded by sycophants he pays the sort of sums one normally pays for quality advice to instead tell him what he wants to hear, or Uncle Uzzy will break his kneecaps if he doesn't get as much of his money back as possible. No sane person would do this, so either Moshiri is an idiot who doesn't listen well or he's having his arm twisted.

Debts mate, we are utterly riddled with debts.

But I agree, we do seem to have put a lid on the obscene wastage of the last few years.

We have a few wage drains, Gomes, Dele, not a slight on either, they were given huge contracts and are either injured or well, not available, but there is 240k a week just sitting at home playing PS5. But on the main we have a slim squad with very few massive wage earners.

I would be very bouyant if we didnt have those debts around our neck.
Debt levels are high- but not compared to other Premier League sides. Man Utd financially are clearly on a different level to us, but have something like £1 billion of debt. Someone could buy Everton, clear all debt and take us into a shiny new stadium with change to invest in the playing squad for that money. So debt is high and is structured in a series of poor deals/ high interest rates, but in the world of billionaires, it shouldn't put off an investor.

Or... Usmanov was always the man. Mosh just did the driving (badly).
Uzzy was speculating with his own cash through a middle man. He lost. Coz of the war. Perhaps, not, as we see it, through mosh.
It was perhaps a very well calculated gamble. But coz of his pal Putin. He has to write it off. Sure his buddy will do him a solid though.

End of the Day. Nobody knows. Or will know.
But speculating is fun.😉
Not for nothing but he made BILLIONS during the pandemic as well when oil went in to the negatives per barrel for a few days. Everton is literally a shrug of the shoulders for him.

Debt levels are high- but not compared to other Premier League sides. Man Utd financially are clearly on a different level to us, but have something like £1 billion of debt. Someone could buy Everton, clear all debt and take us into a shiny new stadium with change to invest in the playing squad for that money. So debt is high and is structured in a series of poor deals/ high interest rates, but in the world of billionaires, it shouldn't put off an investor.
I dispute they could do it all for 1billion.

550m to Moshiri, 300m? to finish the Stadium, 200m to Media rights, I forget what we owe MSP, then whatever we currently owe 777.

I make that in excess of 1billion.

Not trying to be a smart arse here or even a doomer, despite my posting tonight, I just want somebody to show me im wrong.