777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bell and Downing are in for 25 mill each, that landed around this time last year, ahead of the 100 mill from MSP, whether - they have an additional stake in that 100 mill i don't know, i know Moshiri himself has a 20 mill stake in it.

Dont know mate, overall seems expensive to me when Moshiri prepared to let 100% of his stake go for 69mill, potentially rising to 149mill though with clauses. The MSP security would be 50% of Moshiri's stake. Paying 100 mill, for 50% of something someone was going to sell 100% of for 69mill a week ago wouldn't make sense to me.
There seem to be multiple guesses out there about what 777 are paying Moshiri so I'd be wary of assuming any to be true. Would a deal like that be sufficiently appetising to Moshiri that he's clung onto it as long as he has?

There seem to be multiple guesses out there about what 777 are paying Moshiri so I'd be wary of assuming any to be true. Would a deal like that be sufficiently appetising to Moshiri that he's clung onto it as long as he has?

Fair point mate, but really in that premise all the numbers in any of this are subjective.......

Hes lucky to get anything for his stake in my opinion - that's if he ever does. Lets not forget when he agreed a deal with 777 for his total stake at a reported 69 mill, we were 200 mill lighter in debt.

As for the man himself, he has two tensions, one is some return on his investment and second is not to be sitting in the big chair when the cash calls on the stadium, debt repayment and funding the business come. We are at the point now that the latter is more expensive then sitting around waiting for an ever decreasing return.

Despite the fact that reads as insane at first glance, I've always thought he got that one right.

It may well in fact be the only thing in his political career that he got right.
In a classic Rumsfeld move it's not even his concept, despite him getting all the coverage for it and it becoming popularly known as Rumsfeldian philosophy. He nicked it from a professor of philosophy at the University of Arizona, Dr Ann Kerwin who produced her map of ignorance using exactly these terms in 1983. And of course the philosophy of ignorance has been around in some form or another for at least 4,000 years. The man is a shyster.

Why mention the 17 points and building a new stadium if it was never your point?

Regardless, the spending rules are there to discourage reckless spending. Given that there is already what looks like a fairly generous threshold regarding losses I don't think it was massively over the top.

And comparing the total for 2 separate charges against what would be a one time charge for going into administration isn't entirely valid. Comparing it to 2 charges for administration would be more accurate. I don't know the entire rules but maybe administration charges of 9 points would be added to breach deductions - they'd be two separate things so maybe don't stack up against each other really.

Alright Claus lad. We all know you agree with what the league did to us and wanted more points off us. We get it

Personally think asking for a 17 points deduction is harsh. But I must be in the minority

Great. Just need someone to buy Palace, get through the lengthy ownership test, then for him to agree a deal with Moshiri and pass another ownership test before the transfer window opens.
200w.gif

14th June the Transfer Window officially opens.

“Yes (I’ve had conversations around buying Everton),” Textor told The Athletic. “With the existing constituents – different groups, different lenders, different equity holders.

“I’ve asked them ‘is there a way to solve all this confusion and address everyone’s problems?’ I’m very open-minded to it but I don’t want to come into a situation where I’m not really welcome.

“I’m watching it but 777 still has a contract. There are people that are close to the club who care a lot about it who are also investing.

“There’s the guy running it (Moshiri) who’s still calling the shots. Maybe we’re uniquely positioned to solve a lot of problems for people but we’re just watching it right now because there are other people who already own pieces of that club who also want to figure it out. I’m looking at that but it’s quite confusing and some things have to clean up.”

“Everton represents the best of English football: the struggles, the glory, the want. I love that it’s out of London. Everybody should want to buy Everton right now,” he said.

“That kind of club is what I’m referring to, where the risk and the reward of your relationship and community is so great and you could come in, make promises and keep them. How great would it be to take one of these great English clubs back to sort of glory?

“We’re also looking at other opportunities and we don’t need to jump right out of Palace right into something. That’d be a mistake.

“I suspect that the problem with Everton is it won’t be available by the time we would be ready for it. You can’t own two clubs in one league and we’re not going to rush the situation at Palace, no matter how good another opportunity looks.”

Status
Not open for further replies.