777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If that was the case then he would have put a proper plan in place. 5 years, 10 years, and so on. The minute Kenwright and co were left sat in their places to carry on it was an accident waiting to happen. His first appointment was Walsh and Koeman. Walsh had never done the DoF role and was more a head of recruitment and Koeman clearly didn't want to leave Southampton until we threw money at him and told him to name his price.
I think you’re mistaking good intentions with competence

I tell you what, those 8 clowns who voted yes must feel like proper trumpets at this point.

What an utter bunch of losers, I bet none of them have ever kissed a woman, with their consent anyway.
Sounds about right, And that includes Mothers !!

We've been borrowing from 777 to finish the stadium, we know we have 50 something million left on that so the end is in sight.

We won't be paying all 30 million for Beto this summer, don’t get me wrong, it might be a fair whack for allowing us to not pay anything last year. I guess 15-18m. You have to offset that with payments due to us though, that Maguire article said although we owe 70, we are due back 90. That doesn't tell us if we need to pay all of ours within 2 years and we get back in 4 but you'd imagine some thought has taken place to balance those sides.

So if we sell Onana and Branthwaite and get enough upfront to pay the rest of the stadium, then it comes down to how much cash do we need to cover the interest payments for the loans. We will have freed 10m pa just from not paying the wages of Gomes and Dele. Onana's will be a fair bit, Danjuma was probably on a reasonable amount. If we can bin off Keane and Holgate and replace with younger, cheaper articles then we could be near 20 million better off. With no real board in place perhaps that's another 2-3m on top. We will be very frugal again this year to ensure the trend is going in the right direction.

All those cost cutting measures will allow us to go to the banks next year and say look how much head room we have to enable us to get a loan for the stadium debt and stop paying the ridiculous rates. When added to the increase in income should mean we'll be a lot better off for the 2025/26 season.
Yeah I wasn't sure on how the payments for Beto were structured I just knew we had put nothing down. I also wasn't sure of any instalments coming in.

Certainly, shedding Gomes, Alli is a big help, but the interest rates and loan servicing is a huge killer. This is of course further exacerbated by the finishing off of the stadium.

We do need to put a proper board in pretty quick smart.

I still estimate if we can bring in 250m somehow and use a fair portion of that to reduce the loan then if we can refinance with a first-tier lender on reasonable terms that will make a huge difference

I am running on the assumption that JB and AO will be sold but really we need the following exits to generate funds

Onana
Branthwaite
Maupay
Holgate
Godfrey (possibly)
Keane

Then the following should fall off the wage bill
Gomes
Alli
Lonergan (not much)

Hopefully the extensions offered to the following have been lower
Gueye
Coleman
Young

For this exercise I have assumed Danjuma won't return and Leeds will get promoted so Harrison will not return either.

That leaves us with a first team squad of 18, including Dobbin, Onyango, Crellin, Warrington and Chermiti. We haven't seen heaps of these guys in the first team hopefully they can feature more.

So, I guess the biggest thing is identifying cheap, low-cost options that not only can replace the 11 exits (inc danjuma and Harrison) but hopefully at least slightly improve on some of them. Thelwell will need to earn his cash this off season for sure.

Anyone got a line on low-cost options?

Status
Not open for further replies.