777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to believe every single word he threw at us.

What an utter mug.

Bit harsh, I think he had the best intentions. He didn't expect his backers money to be taken right out of the equation and interest and material costs to jump sky high. It would have almost certainly seen us go to the wall (obviously still a risk but would have been much quicker) under someone else.

Bit harsh, I think he had the best intentions. He didn't expect his backers money to be taken right out of the equation and interest and material costs to jump sky high. It would have almost certainly seen us go to the wall (obviously still a risk but would have been much quicker) under someone else.
I get all that and the fella has invested vast sums of money into the club, but hes still lied, constantly.

I get all that and the fella has invested vast sums of money into the club, but hes still lied, constantly.

Which one particularly irks? In business you cannot really tell the truth as if we laid bare our exact position the banks would slam the door in our faces (more so than they do now), the loan sharks would even be thinking twice and everyone would be tearing into everybody else in a state of wild and blind panic.

If that was the case then he would have put a proper plan in place. 5 years, 10 years, and so on. The minute Kenwright and co were left sat in their places to carry on it was an accident waiting to happen. His first appointment was Walsh and Koeman. Walsh had never done the DoF role and was more a head of recruitment and Koeman clearly didn't want to leave Southampton until we threw money at him and told him to name his price.

Which one particularly irks? In business you cannot really tell the truth as if we laid bare our exact position the banks would slam the door in our faces (more so than they do now), the loan sharks would even be thinking twice and everyone would be tearing into everybody else in a state of wild and blind panic.
The British-Iranian billionaire had arrived at Goodison Park in February 2016 flush with cash and, as he told the club's general meeting a year later, harbouring dreams of helping Everton return to the elite. “We don't want to be a museum,” Moshiri said. “We need to be competitive and we need to win.

That 1 sticks with me the most.

“The fans must know we have done the hard bit. We have paid the debts, we are free to do what we want, we have the finances.”

The British-Iranian billionaire had arrived at Goodison Park in February 2016 flush with cash and, as he told the club's general meeting a year later, harbouring dreams of helping Everton return to the elite. “We don't want to be a museum,” Moshiri said. “We need to be competitive and we need to win.

“The fans must know we have done the hard bit. We have paid the debts, we are free to do what we want, we have the finances.”
And we have become a museum .
A museum of the absurd.
A museum no one else is interested in.
The same old faces endlessly circling the same old fading exhibits as plaster falls from the walls ,

And we have become a museum .
A museum of the absurd.
A museum no one else is interested in.
The same old faces endlessly circling the same old fading exhibits as plaster falls from the walls ,
ITs the Everton paradox.

Under Kenwright we knocked on the door, we just needed an owner to invest a little bit of cash and well, who knows.
Under Moshiri we knocked on the trap door and we just needed our owner to stop burning all our money in his back yard.

Everton that.

If that was the case then he would have put a proper plan in place. 5 years, 10 years, and so on. The minute Kenwright and co were left sat in their places to carry on it was an accident waiting to happen. His first appointment was Walsh and Koeman. Walsh had never done the DoF role and was more a head of recruitment and Koeman clearly didn't want to leave Southampton until we threw money at him and told him to name his price.

Obviously no one is going to say mistakes haven't been made and leaving Kenwright and co was the biggest. I think there was some kind of deal made that he had to remain at least for the first few years anyhow which messed any hope of that ever happening.

You can have all the plans in the world but it's reliant on success, I've heard stuff like we should have got sponsorship away from USM companies, do people think they weren't trying to? You need to start winning things to make the kind of deals we would have needed. We did ours in drips and drabs, great over half a season and poor the start of the next or vice versa.

All said and done generally we had an upward trajectory until the whole thing collapsed. Walsh and Koeman got us 7th in their first season so it could have been alright had someone sensible above said hang on a minute, when it was clear it wasn't working they were replaced as per the fans request. Of course we had dips along the way but Carlo's team was very good and a great platform to go on from and then we got hit by what I've added below.

If it hadn't have been for Russia we would have had 300 million back in sponsorship, we would have kept banking the Finch Farm money, the Women's team and it would have kept us ticking over from an income point of view.

The PL drawing a line in the sand re PSR just as we had a decent team and had our income decimated.

These constant kick in the balls would have broken him just as much as the rest of us. He can be questioned for leaving Kenwright in place, for meddling in transfer affairs and for being too quick to get rid of managers (partly driven by an entitled fanbase though). Other than that you can tell by what is at Bramley Moore that he wanted us to be more than a museum. The rest is just events and our bad luck. Had we started building in 2016 the chaos would have probably just been brought forward as that's life being an Evertonian.

Sounds like Moshiri is basically saying here that they're obviously being binned off and looking at other options but legally can’t until June.

Should hopefully point to it being done by July so I suppose? You can’t imagine Dyche and Thelwell will be happy about this at all, window will be opened with weeks before they even know if there’s a club to buy players for, nevermind how much they can actually spend ffs.
If we are being approached by other interested parties then why does he keep extending the purchase agreement and at least listen to these parties. Sounds like bs to me. He seems to be hanging on in hope that 777 can find the money and he can scarper pronto

If we are being approached by other interested parties then why does he keep extending the purchase agreement and at least listen to these parties. Sounds like bs to me. He seems to be hanging on in hope that 777 can find the money and he can scarper pronto
Because other interested parties would only pay him a fraction of what 777 offered for his shares. He never turns his back on that deal until it's 100% dead.

Obviously no one is going to say mistakes haven't been made and leaving Kenwright and co was the biggest. I think there was some kind of deal made that he had to remain at least for the first few years anyhow which messed any hope of that ever happening.

You can have all the plans in the world but it's reliant on success, I've heard stuff like we should have got sponsorship away from USM companies, do people think they weren't trying to? You need to start winning things to make the kind of deals we would have needed. We did ours in drips and drabs, great over half a season and poor the start of the next or vice versa.

All said and done generally we had an upward trajectory until the whole thing collapsed. Walsh and Koeman got us 7th in their first season so it could have been alright had someone sensible above said hang on a minute, when it was clear it wasn't working they were replaced as per the fans request. Of course we had dips along the way but Carlo's team was very good and a great platform to go on from and then we got hit by what I've added below.

If it hadn't have been for Russia we would have had 300 million back in sponsorship, we would have kept banking the Finch Farm money, the Women's team and it would have kept us ticking over from an income point of view.

The PL drawing a line in the sand re PSR just as we had a decent team and had our income decimated.

These constant kick in the balls would have broken him just as much as the rest of us. He can be questioned for leaving Kenwright in place, for meddling in transfer affairs and for being too quick to get rid of managers (partly driven by an entitled fanbase though). Other than that you can tell by what is at Bramley Moore that he wanted us to be more than a museum. The rest is just events and our bad luck. Had we started building in 2016 the chaos would have probably just been brought forward as that's life being an Evertonian.
You arent wrong mate and I dont hate the man as much as most, rightly, do.

But hes constantly chatted biscuits.

The biggest is the 1 that is hurting us the most.

This isnt factual, so it will be corrected, but basically the council offered us a loan, shady asf no doubt cos Anderson, we said no, Moshiri said he would fund it at 1 point and here we are, DEEP and I mean DEEP in the poo, mainly cos the Stadium and yes, partly cos his golden egg got taken away.

So I accept your mitigation, but I still dont trust a single word the little weasel says.

Status
Not open for further replies.